Cinch Connectivity Solutions - Machine Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cinch Connectivity Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Bel
Bel (www.belfuse.com), headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, founded in 1949, designs, manufacturers and markets an array of products that power, protect and connect. These products are primarily used in the networking, telecommunications, broadcasting, computing, military, aerospace and transportation markets. The company has three major product groups Connectivity Solutions, Magnetic Solutions and Power Solutions and Protection. In addition to organic growth, Bel has completed numerous acquisitions with the most recent being Power One Inc.'s Power Solutions business from ABB Ltd., and Emerson's Network Power Connectivity Solution business in 2014, and TE Connectivity's Transpower business in 2013.
Primary Objective of Position
* Operates one or more primary machines such as screw machines, CNC mills or CNC lathes.
* Operates/sets up and performs troubleshooting on secondary machines (mills, drills, punches).
Technical Job Functions
* Knowledge of basic shop math for determining tolerance limits, counting parts, calculating speeds and feeds, using ratios or percentages.
* Ability to understand blueprints.
* Ability to understand written and oral instruction for safety rules, router instructions, etc.
* Ability to accurately use common inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, dial and digital indicators, etc. Ability to use complex inspection equipment.
Authorities and Responsibilities
* Operates one or more primary machines such as screw machines, CNC Mills and CNC lathes.
* Operates/sets up and performs troubleshooting on secondary machines such as mills, drills or punches.
* Read blueprints, routes and inspection directions to determine job specifications and tolerances. Verifies conformance of parts produced to specification using measuring equipment such as gages, calipers, micrometers, etc.
* May make simple tool adjustment or replacements.
* May provide basic training to junior department members in the areas of secondary machine operation, basic inspection techniques or to make tool adjustments with limited variables.
* Provide training to junior department members in the areas of complex machine operation and set up and complex inspection techniques.
* Assume other projects and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
* Regular and predictable attendance is presumed to be an essential function of all employment.
* Report to Production Supervisor. Has contact with internal and external customers and co-workers.
* Perform preventive maintenance as required.
* Prevent errors that would result in scrap or rework of product.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes (KSAAS)
* Ability to satisfactorily complete and implement all OJT and required trainings.
* Ability to understand the organization structure, businesses and sites, and applying that knowledge to daily tasks, communications and assignments.
* Demonstrate basic skills in using common hand tools and gauges and pneumatics.
* Demonstrates ability to repeatedly test precise tolerances using a variety of test equipment provided.
* Ability to learn and use basic statistical concepts.
* Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings and assembly documentation.
* Mechanical aptitude and ability.
Analytical, Business & Technical
* Ability to apply job knowledge and skills to improve productivity, quality, timeliness and to solve problems using good judgment.
* Ability to implement new technologies or methods as needed.
* Ability to hold sensitive data and information in confidence.
* Ability to understand and implement AS9100, ISO and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
* Ability to operate equipment and use tools and techniques effectively, efficiently and in accordance with ergonomic principles.
* Proficiency in software as required; ability to perform math calculations, measurement, analysis or reporting as directed.
* Ability to comply with Company policies and procedures.
* Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately orally, in writing or electronically.
* Ability to communicate work goals, progress and changes as required.
* Ability to apply interpersonal skills (empathy, negotiation, rapport, sensitivity), to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to effectively participate in teams and projects as well as contribute to unit cohesiveness and productivity.
* Ability to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changing situations and deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate character, integrity, honesty, ethical behaviors and industriousness.
* You will be part of a QMS (Quality Management System) that continually aims to reduce/eliminate non-conformances while striving to meet/exceed customer expectations in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, co-workers, and management members.
* Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental goals are met while maintaining or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
* Safety at Cinch is a commitment to every employee as we strive to provide maximum safety to all employees in the McAllen facility and all Cinch divisions.
Education and Experience
* Minimum: High School diploma or GED
* Previous machining experience or applicable trade schooling.
No calls or agencies please. Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.