Cinch Connectivity Solutions - Machine Operator / Set Up A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cinch Connectivity Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Bel
Bel (www.belfuse.com), headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, founded in 1949, designs, manufacturers and markets an array of products that power, protect and connect. These products are primarily used in the networking, telecommunications, broadcasting, computing, military, aerospace and transportation markets. The company has three major product groups Connectivity Solutions, Magnetic Solutions and Power Solutions and Protection. In addition to organic growth, Bel has completed numerous acquisitions with the most recent being Power One Inc.'s Power Solutions business from ABB Ltd., and Emerson's Network Power Connectivity Solution business in 2014, and TE Connectivity's Transpower business in 2013.
Cinch Connectivity Solutions is a vertically integrated supplier of custom solutions, fixed length and semi rigid cable assemblies from DC to 50 GHz. Our product lines deliver custom-engineered products and solutions to satisfy the most demanding and complex requirements. Cinch Connectivity's products support wireless communications, data networking, test and measurement, telecommunications, broadcast, medical, military, aerospace and industrial applications. Combined with the strength of our parent company, Cinch Connectivity Solutions aims to provide an unparalleled offering to the vast array of industries it serves.
Primary Objective of Position
Operates and performs set up on primary machines in machining environment. Must conform to productivity goals and parts specifications. Advancement requirements specified in Skill Level Program to enhance or add skill sets.
Technical Job Functions
Authorities and Responsibilities
* Operates/sets up one or more primary machines such as screw machines, CNC mills, and CNC lathes.
* Performs basic program edits as required.
* Determine and set machine feeds and speeds.
* May sharpen basic tooling with medium complexity.
* Read blueprints, routers and inspection directions to determine job specification and tolerances. Verifies conformance of parts produced to specification using measuring equipment such as gages, micrometers, etc. May use complex measuring equipment.
* May need to perform the following duties as required by Skill Level Program:
* Operates/sets up secondary machines
* Provide training to junior department members in the areas of complex machine operation and set up and complex inspection techniques.
Machine Operator/ Set Up A
* Knowledge of basic shop math for determining tolerance limits, counting parts, calculating speeds and feeds, using ratios or percentages, etc.
* Ability to read and understand complex blueprints.
* Ability to understand written and oral instruction for safety rules, router instructions, etc.
* Ability to accurately use common inspection equipment such as micrometers, dial and digital indicators, etc. Ability to use complex inspection equipment.
* Analytical, Business and Technical
* Ability to apply job knowledge and skills to improve performance, quality and timeliness and to solve problems, using independent judgment.
* Ability to operate equipment and use tools and techniques effectively, efficiently and in accordance with ergonomic principles.
* Ability to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changing situations and deadlines.
* Ability to comply with Company policies and procedures.
* Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately orally, in writing or electronically.
* Ability to communicate work progress and changes as required.
* Ability to apply interpersonal skills (empathy, negotiation, rapport, sensitivity), to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to demonstrate character, integrity, honesty, ethical behaviors and industriousness.
* Ability to effectively participate in teams and projects and contribute to unit cohesiveness and productivity.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Two-plus years of applicable machine experience or two-plus years combination of experience and machining trade school.
No calls or agencies please. Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel Fuse is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.