City Engagement Manager, City Energy Project
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the nation's most effective environmental action organizations. We use law, science and the support of 1.4 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Air Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our air pollution cases played a major role shaping current clean air policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of over 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, and Beijing.
Position Summary :
NRDC is seeking a City Engagement Manager with the City Energy Project (CEP) in the Urban Solutions program. The City Energy Project is a national initiative to create healthier and more prosperous American cities by improving the energy efficiency of buildings. Working in partnership, the Project and cities support innovative, practical solutions that cut energy waste, boost local economies, and reduce harmful pollution. This position will lead stakeholder engagement and advocacy efforts with participating cities. The position will also provide general support to other members of the CEP staff on matters including utility engagement, national initiatives, and outreach.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include:
* Advocacy: In coordination with the Deputy Director, develop and execute advocacy strategies
* Stakeholder Engagement and Strategy Development: Serve as lead advisor cities on engaging with national stakeholders. Coordinate with the Director of National Initiatives & Strategic Planning to localize and apply new national resources at the local level.
* Utility Engagement: Manage CEP's utility engagement work on issues including aggregated whole building data and energy efficiency.
* General Project Management: Serve as the front-line for cities and coordinate resource support
* Resource Development & Communications : Develop written resources on behalf of City Energy Project
* Graduate Degree required in public policy, law, or related fields.
* 2-8 years of post-graduate school experience
* Experience with project management
* Expertise in energy efficiency in buildings and utility energy efficiency programming
* Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills required
* State or local level advocacy experience required
* Demonstrated ability to serve as lead representative at advocacy events, convenings, and other forums
* Willingness to travel to cities throughout the United States
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-803-9663.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org