Civil Designer- Land Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Gilmore & Associates, Inc.
new britain, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description:
The Civil Designer provides the following design services; site grading, stormwater management, Zoning and SALDO Ordinance review and understanding, erosion & sediment control, written and oral communication with client, attorneys, other engineers, township officials and individuals who do not possess and understand the land development process.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Review, interpret and implement ordinance requirements
• Interact with township officials & professionals, DEP, PennDOT and Conservation Districts
• Perform site grading, erosion control design, stormwater management design, site layout, etc.
• Organize and prioritize work schedules of self and others
• Compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and complex reports
• Communicate technical information to those with and without technical understanding
• Prepare and conduct effective presentations
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Report back all information to Department Head in an organized manor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification
• 2+ years of Land Development experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
• Possesses knowledge of the Land Development permitting process and is able to interpret ordinance requirements
• Ability to interact with township officials & professionals, DEP, PennDOT and Conservation Districts
• Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
• Occasional regional travel required
• Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required