This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Gilmore & Associates, Inc.
new britain, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description: (Positions available in New Britain & Langhorn offices)
The Civil Designer will execute technical work assignments on municipal engineering projects individually or as part of a project team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Assist Project Engineer/Project Manager to maintain established relationships with Municipal clientele.
• Provide design services on municipal capital improvement projects
• Assist with preparing Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
• Assist with preparing bid plans and specifications
• Compose letters, memoranda, reports, applications and studies
• Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
• Review subdivision and land development plans for compliance with applicable municipal ordinances
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related area
• 2-5 years of municipal engineering experience
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Organized and detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
• Experience in municipal engineering plan reviews and infrastructure design
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
• Occasional regional travel required
• Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required