Civil Engineer 8/12/2016
Foth & Van Dyke
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
As one of the top 100 engineering firms in the U.S., Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Foth is thriving because of our dedication to personalized, client-centered service and the exceptional employment experience we provide to our members. Our outstanding client and member retention rates are testaments to our relationship-building success, and are the foundation on which our brand is built.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Civil Engineer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients success. This position will be working out of our Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN location.
Primary Responsibilities under the Direction of Lead Engineer:
* Complete technical design reports and feasibility studies
* Design sewer, water, roadways, and storm water utilities
* Complete permit applications for regulatory agencies
* Generate design plans utilizing CADD
* Develop project specifications
* Provide construction administration, inspection and support services
* Communicate effectively with contractors, clients, residents, and the project team regarding project scope, schedule, and other project issues
All Foth Members are expected to:
* Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
* Minimum two years of general civil engineering experience
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
* Specific experience with the following:
* Streets and utilities design
* Construction observation and administration
* Basic knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!
The Employment Experience at Foth as described by our current members:
Balance - Foth is organized and operates in a manner that balances the needs of four important contributors to its success: clients, members, suppliers, and the organization itself. The basic needs of these four entities are fulfilled in a manner that represents a benefit to all parties.
Sense of Belonging - Our members have a sense of belonging to a valued enterprise and contributing to the greater good of our communities and society in general. We care for each other s well-being, and celebrate the technical challenges we overcome together on behalf of our clients.
Part of a Successful Team - Through effective collaboration, our clients, suppliers, individual members, and our organization are all successful. We are proud of the great reputation Foth has in its markets and its communities.
Professional & Personal Growth Opportunities - The organization invests a percentage of its profits in providing members with multiple career advancement and professional development opportunities. Our career development program provides members a clear line of sight towards future opportunities, effective on-the-job coaching and mentoring relationships, and the member s full partnership in their own development.
Performance-Based Culture - Individual and team contributions are meaningfully recognized. Compensation is competitive within the market and extraordinary performance is rewarded with career and growth opportunities as well as greater levels of compensation and ownership in the firm.
Dynamic Learning Environment - The work environment and work schedule support member development and continuous learning. We value sharing of knowledge, independent thinking in the performance of our client work, and continual improvement in the intellectual capital of all of our members and our organization.
Personal Responsibility - Our members are proud of the quality work produced and take personal responsibility to deliver high-quality work according to the commitments we make and actively sustain our values and our culture.
Individual Influence - Our members know how they contribute to the big picture - the flat, client-centered structure of the organization allows individuals to be actively involved in setting the direction of their work teams.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.