Civil Engineer 8/12/2016
Foth & Van Dyke
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
As one of the top 100 engineering firms in the U.S., Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Foth is thriving because of our dedication to personalized, client-centered service and the exceptional employment experience we provide to our members. Our outstanding client and member retention rates are testaments to our relationship-building success, and are the foundation on which our brand is built.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Civil Engineer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients success. This position will be working out of our Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN location.
Primary Responsibilities under the Direction of Lead Engineer:
* Complete technical design reports and feasibility studies
* Design sewer, water, roadways, and storm water utilities
* Complete permit applications for regulatory agencies
* Generate design plans utilizing CADD
* Develop project specifications
* Provide construction administration, inspection and support services
* Communicate effectively with contractors, clients, residents, and the project team regarding project scope, schedule, and other project issues
All Foth Members are expected to:
* Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
* Minimum two years of general civil engineering experience
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
* Specific experience with the following:
* Streets and utilities design
* Construction observation and administration
* Basic knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!
Our culture is described as follows:
Values-Based: Our One Foth culture is grounded in and reflects our values.
Client- Centered: We show our clients by our actions that we care as much about their needs as they do.
Member- Owned: We have always been member-owned and we expect to always be
Influential: Leadership is established through a member s ability to influence and create followship with other members.
Inclusive: We think and behave inclusively. We are stronger together.
Continuously Learning: We invest in our members growth through professional career development.
Innovative: We are entrepreneurial and innovative in what we do and in how we get it done.
Caring: We genuinely care for our clients, our members, and our communities.
Relationship- Building: We show our commitment to building and maintaining world-class relationships.
Collaborative: We collaborate effectively. We celebrate our achievements as a team!
Results- Focused: Our performance-based culture rewards and recognizes extraordinary contributions of teams and individuals.
Flexible: Foth s culture allows our members to maintain a positive work-life balance while meeting commitments to our clients and team members.
Safety-Minded: We believe that no job is so important and no work is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely.
Quality- Oriented: Our members deliver work products that meet or exceed expectations.
Transparent: We are open and honest with our communications.
Process- Driven: We follow the process or cause it to be changed in a proactive and constructive manner.
Strategic: We are deliberate in how we set direction and make decisions; we think and act with the end in mind.
Ethical: We do the right thing at all times.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.