Civil Engineer-Environmental Permitting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for a Civil Engineer or similar engineering degree, with 2-5 years experience in drainage, erosion prevention and sediment control and environmental water quality permitting experience, to join the team in our Nashville, TN office.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting as embedment staff to support a client with technical reports, water quality and NPDES permitting and the preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) for roadway/bridge, maintenance and construction projects.
* Provide strong and focused support for linear transportation projects in area of erosion prevention and sediment control (EPSC), hydrology and hydraulics for roadway drainage and major and minor crossing structures.
* Analyze and determine permitting and mitigation requirements from the regulatory agencies (TDEC, COE, TVA, etc.) for associated impacts.
* Attend meetings with the client, designers, consultants, etc. to provide recommendations to limit natural resource impacts.
* Tennessee EIT or PE certification.
* Design experience with EPSC, hydrology and hydraulics for linear infrastructure projects.
* Familiarity with regulatory environmental water quality and NPDES permits within Tennessee.
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to execute projects accurately and within specified deadlines.
* Knowledge of stormwater design including conveyance systems and stormwater treatment using appropriate BMPs suitable for linear transportation projects.
* Ability to prepare Erosion Prevention and Sedimentation Control (EPSC) Plans and SWPPPs.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 2-5 years experience
* BS and/or Master s degree in Civil Engineering or similar engineering degree
* Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC)
* TDEC Level 1 and/or 2 certification
* Familiarity with TDOT design standards and policies.
* Experience with TDOT Erosion Prevention and Sedimentation Control (EPSC) Plans and SWPPPs.
* Drainage design experience utilizing TDOT Standards
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
Engineering - Civil/Structural
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.