Civil/Structural Engineer Level I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ENGINEER FOR LASTING IMPACT.
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit WWW.WORLEYPARSONS.COM TO EXPLORE OUR SUCCESS, EXPERTISE AND GLOBAL REACH.
"We are seeking a Civil Structural Engineer-in-Training interested in becoming part of the WorleyParsons engineering staff in our Billings, MT office. WorleyParsons provides multi-discipline engineering services to the power, hydrocarbons and metals & minerals industries. This individual will provide technical design services for local and regional clients.
Perform structural analysis and prepare design calculations in conformance with engineering principles, industry standards of practice and applicable codes. Take professional responsibility for engineering design, construction drawings and specifications related to civil structural engineering services."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for performing routine to advanced civil and structural engineering design work involving independent judgment to derive solutions consistent with standards of practice, company policies and codes such as ACI, AISC, ASCE and PIP. Industry experience specific to oil refineries and power generation plants is preferred. A working knowledge of reinforced concrete and structural steel materials is essential. Super structure design experience of steel framed equipment support structures, pipe racks, industrial buildings and access platforms is preferred. Foundation design experience for rotating equipment, vertical and horizontal process vessels, equipment support structures, buildings and pipe racks is preferred.
2. Ability to originate hand calculations and utilize intermediate to advanced structural analysis and design software/tools to develop designs related to civil and structural engineering project types described herein. Experience with EXCEL, STAAD, RISA 3D and Mathcad software is preferred.
3. Review and check construction drawings for technical content and accuracy. Develop, review and check general notes and specifications. Analytical skills and attention to accuracy important. Perform review of non-discipline or vendor provided drawings for compliance with project specifications/requirements.
4. Willingness to travel on a limited basis or to accept short term field assignments is necessary. Observe new construction to determine compliance with project documents or assess functionality and general condition of existing structures or foundations.
5. Participate in department/discipline functions related to quality control of deliverables, staying current with codes, standards of practice and advancing technologies related to engineering delivery and construction materials.
6. Compile data and compute material quantities related to civil and structural disciplines.
7. Participate in safety training related to industrial plants/projects to protect self and others.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering plus a minimum of two years civil/structural engineering experience specific to oil refineries and power generation plants. Master of Science Degree in Structural Engineering is preferred. Participation in professional associations is preferred. Career intent to earn registration as a Professional Engineer is important.
2. Performs assignments through collaboration with colleagues and client but no direct supervision responsibilities.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required, including engineering related vocabulary. Technical report writing skills to effectively communicate analysis and evaluation findings and recommendations are required. Commitment to client service and client desired outcomes are necessary traits.
OUR CULTURE AND THE WAY WE WORK
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our Way We Work behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
IF YOU HAVE THE PASSION AND TALENT TO KEEP UP, IT\'S TIME TO TEST THE LIMITS OF WHAT YOU CAN BECOME. FIND YOUR FUTURE WITH WORLEYPARSONS. WORLEYPARSONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.