Civil Supervisor 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Civil Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates activities of work crews engaged in Smoothing and finishing surfaces of poured concrete structures, using hand tools or power tools including floats, trowels, and screeds also form and frame carpentry. Operate Skid steer, backhoes and mini excavators.
* Direct the activities of assigned Concrete Masons, helpers, and apprentices.
* Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
* Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
* Establish and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
* Direct sub grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
* Study schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
* Estimate and bid new work with clients.
* Analyze and resolve work problems.
* Maintain time records.
* Follow set procedures and standards.
* Calculate amounts of concrete required for each job.
* Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
* Perform frequent safety inspections of work area, equipment, tools, and employees in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC s safety program.
* Appropriate journeyman experience required.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Significant travel required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Examines blueprints to determine dimensions of structure.
* Lays out plan using rule, framing square, and calipers.
* Selects materials and structural units, such as lumber, prefabricated doors, and paneling, and inspects them to ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
* Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
* Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework, and laying flooring.
* Supervises workers engaged in building timber structures, such as cofferdams, trestles, and supports for concrete forms.
* Interprets company policy for workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Maintains time records.
* Rates information using standards which can be measured or checked.
* Follows directions, plans, and blueprints.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If interested, please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled