Civil / Transportation Project Manager 8/27/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Civil Engineer / Transportation Project Manager in our San Diego Corporate Headquarters Office.
The Civil Engineer / Transportation Project Manager candidate will take on a leadership role within the San Diego based civil engineering team, working to provide engineering solutions to Local Municipal and Private Development Clients within the San Diego and California regions. Candidate will coordinate with engineers, project managers, clients and other disciplines to deliver exceptional products on schedule and on budget.
In addition to demonstrated experience in Project Delivery, the Civil Engineer / Transportation Project Manager candidate will prepare technical/project scoping activities, lead in the preparation of RFP/SOQ submittals, be responsible for proposal/pricing presentations and lead in Business Development activities with targeted clients.
Ideal candidate for this civil engineering position is required to have a minimum of 12 years of experience, with 6 of those years focused on strong project management experience in civil / transportation and infrastructure.
Specific Civil Engineering / Transportation requirements include:
* Experience with all aspects of civil / transportation and infrastructure design including development of construction documents, specifications, and construction support services.
* Experience with design methodology for roadway design, site development including grading and erosion control, hydraulics and hydrology, and infrastructure design including water, sewer and stormwater engineering.
* Experience with City of San Diego and other San Diego County municipalities including SANDAG and Caltrans is desired.
* Solid experience with transportation / infrastructure design software (Microstation, InRoads, Civil3D) and capable of managing the development of quality engineering designs and plans.
* A proven track record of leading multi-discipline design projects. Able to manage multiple projects and engineering staff to successfully deliver projects while meeting client and Kleinfelder expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
* Must be self-motivated with good communication and organizational skills; eager to take on increasing challenges and leadership, and provide mentoring to team members.
* Must be able to work effectively as a team leader in a group environment and maintain positive relationships with team members and clients.
BS in Civil Engineering and California PE registration is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)