Civil / Transportation Project Manager 8/27/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry.
Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Civil Engineer / Transportation Project Manager in our San Diego Corporate Headquarters Office.
The Civil Engineer / Transportation Project Manager candidate will take on a leadership role within the San Diego based civil engineering team, working to provide engineering solutions to Local Municipal and Private Development Clients within the San Diego and California regions. Candidate will coordinate with engineers, project managers, clients and other disciplines to deliver exceptional products on schedule and on budget.
In addition to demonstrated experience in Project Delivery, the Civil Engineer / Transportation Project Manager candidate will prepare technical/project scoping activities, lead in the preparation of RFP/SOQ submittals, be responsible for proposal/pricing presentations and lead in Business Development activities with targeted clients.
Ideal candidate for this civil engineering position is required to have a minimum of 12 years of experience, with 6 of those years focused on strong project management experience in civil / transportation and infrastructure.
Specific Civil Engineering / Transportation requirements include:
* Experience with all aspects of civil / transportation and infrastructure design including development of construction documents, specifications, and construction support services.
* Experience with design methodology for roadway design, site development including grading and erosion control, hydraulics and hydrology, and infrastructure design including water, sewer and stormwater engineering.
* Experience with City of San Diego and other San Diego County municipalities including SANDAG and Caltrans is desired.
* Solid experience with transportation / infrastructure design software (Microstation, InRoads, Civil3D) and capable of managing the development of quality engineering designs and plans.
* A proven track record of leading multi-discipline design projects. Able to manage multiple projects and engineering staff to successfully deliver projects while meeting client and Kleinfelder expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
* Must be self-motivated with good communication and organizational skills; eager to take on increasing challenges and leadership, and provide mentoring to team members.
* Must be able to work effectively as a team leader in a group environment and maintain positive relationships with team members and clients.
BS in Civil Engineering and California PE registration is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)