Claim Examiner- Liab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle moderate difficulty type claims; takes appropriate action to achieve results that have a positive impact on profitability. Settle claims for assigned lines of business promptly and equitably under general supervision.
* Receives claim assignment, confirms policy coverages and directs acknowledgement of claims.
* Interprets and makes decisions using independent judgment on moderate-to-difficult claims and policy coverages and determines if coverage applies to claims submitted.
* Investigates claims to determine validity and verify extent of damage by telephone contact with clients, claimants, witnesses or other parties as required.
* Analyzes claims activity and prepares reports for clients/carriers and management.
* Establish reserves, using independent judgment and expertise and authorizes payments within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
* Settles claims promptly and equitably and issues company drafts in payments for claims within authority limits.
* Develops subrogation and third party recovery potential and follows reclaim procedures.
* Analyzes claims activities and prepares reports for clients, carriers and/or management. Participates in claim reviews.
* Perform other duties as requested.
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Claim Examiner III - Liability
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
* Comprehensive claims investigations/settling experience with 1-3 years experience in Claims or similar organization.
* A valid driver's license.
* Industry designations (IIA, AIC, AEI, and/or CPCU)
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.