Claim Intake Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CLAIM INTAKE REPRESENTATIVE
CNA Insurance has an multiple openings for a Claim Intake Representative for our Brea, CA office. This is a Call Center environment where individual will work with new incoming claims via in-bound phone calls, faxes and emails. This position is fast-paced and requires individuals who demonstrate the ability to produce a high quality of work, excellent decision making skills and consistently exceed established service levels. The qualified candidates must be detail-oriented, highly-organized, have the ability to multi-task and possess strong computer skills.
The required computer knowledge will include: Microsoft Office Suite Products including Outlook, Excel, Access or other similar database software, and excellent navigation skills on Internet Explorer. In this role, the employee must demonstrate the ability to multi-task using multiple computer systems and applications open on the desktop while retrieving information from one to complete fields in another.
Under limited supervision, receives, verifies and records incoming claim data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enters loss information into appropriate claims application.
2. Reviews and evaluates the incoming loss documents for complete and accurate information.
3. Receives first notice of loss, reviews and/or locates policies, validates coverage applied to claim to determine appropriate line of business and loss type.
4. Receives claim reports and information inquiries from internal and external (insured, broker, vendor) business partners and researches, then provides response.
5. Reviews applicable systems to determine presence of duplicate claims.
6. Validates and locates missing policy information prior to entering default information.
7. May review special handling instructions for claims routing.
8. May assist with informational calls, based on business needs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Strong typing (accuracy and speed) and data entry skills.
2. Strong attention to detail.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills.
4. Good organizational and follow-up skills
5. Good listening and customer service skills.
6. Ability to receive and make phone calls in courteous approach and manner.
7. Ability to work independently and to work effectively in a high volume environment.
8. Ability to work with other teams in a call center environment.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Typically a minimum six months to one year typing, data entry, or call center experience preferred.
POSITION SHIFT COVERAGE AND OVERTIME
The Claim Intake Representative position will cover a 7.5 hour shift. Depending on workload and volume, there may be the need for employees to work overtime. Qualified candidates must have the ability and flexibility to work overtime as needed. Overtime hours may be available weekly or on Saturdays as necessary. Normal shift hours for the 7.5 hour workday will fall within the following timeframe: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST.
Primary Location: United States-California-Brea
Other Locations: United States-California-Brea
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.