Claim Learning Senior Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Working in partnership with the Claim Quality Technical Directors and the Claim Leadership Team, the Technical Learning Senior Consultant formulates and helps to deliver technical training solutions to the organization that create and maintain a continuous learning environment, facilitate increased capabilities, and achievement of business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Coordinates the evaluation, enhancement and maintenance of the full inventory of learning courses, materials, job aides and other related technical training resources for the business unit. Organizes and catalogs materials for effective, efficient and engaging use.
2. Conducts needs analyses, designs and develops various technical learning solutions which may include curricula, certification processes, performance support tools and job aids, instructor led training, web based training, blended learning programs, meeting facilitation, etc.
3. Partners with business leaders to identify learning needs, skill gaps and priorities. Develops and facilitates training and job aids pertaining to process workflows, system changes or business critical technical skills.
4. Works with the business to evaluate existing materials against priorities for each line of business. Partners to build new curriculum, content and programs as needed and update existing materials to close gaps.
5. Identifies opportunities to leverage the use of materials across all lines of business where there is a consistent performance and learning need.
6. Gathers and organizes agreed upon measures to evaluate training effectiveness of training courses, materials and activities. Assists in the development of plans to continuously improve design and delivery.
7. Works closely with leadership in the Quality team to ensure that performance and learning initiatives, and available materials, are aligned with opportunities identified through quality and compliance reviews.
8. Acts as project manager to create, manage, and monitor learning project plans
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. A solid understanding of the insurance industry, its practices and operations, broad technical background with an understanding of multiple lines of business.
2. Strong knowledge of learning design, instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, adult learning and blended learning theory and strategies, and the design and integration of online and other performance support tools into on-the-job use
3. Passionate about creating a continuous learning culture that recognizes and leverages the value of different learning styles, tools and techniques.
4. Ability to communicate business knowledge and technical information clearly and succinctly.
5. Ability to effectively interact, communicate, collaborate and build trusting partnerships with all levels of business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
6. Strong written and verbal communication and an ability to build credibility quickly.
7. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
8. Excellent program and project management, organizing and planning skills.
9. Ability to drive and achieve results, with proven track record of managing multiple and shifting priorities.
10. Strong computer skills including Microsoft office Suite and other business related software systems.
1. A understanding of technical learning design, instructional methods and training techniques.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of eight years of work experience, or educational design/development and training experience with knowledge of the insurance industry.
Primary Location: United States
Other Locations: United States
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.