Claim Operations Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Under general supervision, responsible for timely and accurate processing of non-technical claim duties, utilizing procedures and processes to perform routine activities. Analyzes and troubleshoots to resolve complex activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes regulatory forms timely in accordance with regulations by evaluating claim information. Provides information to claim adjusting staff from regulatory websites.
2. Completes data or makes data corrections based on set requirements or procedures within claim file information utilizing multiple claim systems that support P&C Claim.
3. Makes contact with underwriting, insureds, claimants, providers, vendors or claim adjusters utilizing various methods to obtain and provide information related to claim support activities.
4. Completes form letters or documents based on procedures or set requirements.
5. Serves as Day to day resource for procedural or process questions.
6. Accountable for reviewing and reconciling reports for data or financial transactions related to claims.
7. May perform routine processing within designated authority on medical only claims, following jurisdictional parameters.
8. May complete special projects as necessary. May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Supervisor or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Ability to navigate multiple system applications.
2. Knowledge of P&C insurance products and services.
3. Ability to produce high quality outcomes in a highly productive environment.
4. Ability to evaluate information within a claim file to execute upon various tasks.
5. Strong data entry skills and attention to detail.
6. Good verbal and written communication skills.
7. Good organizational and follow-up skills.
8. Good listening and customer service skills.
9. Ability to work independently.
10. Ability to make sound judgments based on available information. 1
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience. Some college preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of one to three years experience in office operations and one to two years experience in Property and Casualty line of business preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Organization: CLAIM-Fin&Ops-Claim Support
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.