Claims Advocate - Commercial Insurance (4823) 9/8/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for providing customer service and supporting producers by servicing existing accounts and soliciting new business. Independent responsibility for managing small to medium claims of assigned clients.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Acts as an advocate and claims specialist to provide support to clients, claimants, Producers, and carriers;
* Provides initial and on-going advocacy on claims including detailed analysis, interpretation, consultation and negotiation of coverage and reserves;
* Reports to carriers on property, liability, litigated, high exposure and specialty claims;
* Maintains claim diaries and reviews reservations of rights of denials;
* Travels to loss sites to assist clients with the claim process;
* Meets with clients and internal staff to provide analysis, interpretation and recommendations regarding client loss information;
* Responds to clients and Producers regarding coverage and exposure questions and settlement questions;
* Manages subrogation and recovery situations by working closely with client;
* Provides value added services to Producers, focusing on account retention and obtaining new business;
* Conducts quarterly claims review meetings with employer representatives and clients;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 - 8 years related work experience;
Possession of AIC and/or ARM preferred
Valid Fire and Casualty Broker Agent License
In depth knowledge of all commonly encountered P&C insurance coverage and risk management concepts and techniques.
Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient in Agency Management System
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.