This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A CLAIMS ADVOCATE
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Financial Services business group within Aon Risk Solutions in New York, NY.
YOUR IMPACT AS A CLAIMS ADVOCATE
* Manage the claims process for corporate clients
* Assist clients and brokers on coverage issues for Directors and Officers Liability, Errors and Omissions, Employment Practices, Fiduciary, and Fidelity policies
* Provide notice of new claims to clients primary and excess insurers
* Follow up for acknowledgment letters and coverage positions from insurers
* Request and provide status updates from clients to insurers
* Seek consent for retention of defense counsel and settlement opportunities
* Establish lines of communication between clients and insurance carriers through correspondence and conference calls
* Serve as a client advocate with the carriers
* Maintain adequate documentation on all transactions
* Maintain up-to-date records, including file maintenance and computer data maintenance
* Any and all other responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor to achieve the purpose of the job
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 3 years of experience in insurance industry or other claims/case load processing experience is preferred. Paralegal experience preferred.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and multiple deadlines. Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills.
* Bachelor s degree preferred
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420016
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, NY, New York