Claims Assistant- PIP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
National General Insurance Company
Under general supervision, performs routine clerical support for claims personnel by entering and transposing data, performing simple calculations, and maintaining records following standard procedures with work being monitored. May balance reports and find discrepancies. Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and current policyholders. Also responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants. Identifies customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills.
* Generate correspondence from claims system and order police reports via task assignments buckets (pool function)
* Provide remote assistance to FCRs without EPIC availability to include verifying contact information for loss participants and body shops, verifying vehicle location, re-assigning an appraisal activity and inputting a payment for FCR approval.
* At the direction of claims staff, contact loss participants for loss information. Examples include verifying loss participant address, vehicle location, contacting lien holders for address and pay-off information.
* Ordering supplies to include but not limited to paper, pictorials, copier toner.
* Generating various weekly/monthly reports to include but not limited to workload, contact, status calls
* Supporting Telecommuting Claim Representatives and Managers
* Utilization of vendor reports to monitor sale of salvage through conclusion and send notification to the claims representative.
* Update vacation calendars and Saturday schedules to ensure adequate coverage to service our loss participants.
* Verifies accuracy and inputs data including, but not limited to: indemnity and expense payment transactions, police report data, loss participant information, and COA settlement into claims systems in direct support of claim representatives and claim managers.
* Assist with workload and workflow management by monitoring EPIC buckets as well as completing re-assignments, territory changes, updating profiles, mail activities, diary and queries in direct support of claim representatives and claim managers.
* May print checks, log checks in/ out, sign/burst checks and stuff in envelopes with attachments.
* Performs other duties as requested
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
* Associate Degree Preferred
* Prior claims experience preferred.
* Basic PC skills- Word, Excel , Outlook, Internet
* Demonstrates knowledge of claims processes.
* Develops basic understanding of claims guidelines.
* Demonstrates a basic understanding of insurance industry.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of claims systems.
* Demonstrates a familiarity with company policies/procedures.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of the content of auto policies written by the company.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of departmental organizational structure/ function.
* Demonstrates effective planning, organizational and time management skills.
* Demonstrates effective communication skills.
* Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Ability to empathize with internal customers is important.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of NGIC brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors associated with it.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.