Claims Clerk III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of claim clerical support duties for the Service Center or Claim Office.
* Matches proper file and/or claim number on unidentified correspondence by use of the various Service Center or Claim Office data systems
* Searches files and/or work areas for missing or requested files
* Performs control operator functions for various equipment
* Periodically reviews and removes files for destruction or transfer to central storage; retrieves and/or re-files items from central storage facility and maintains accurate records of file activity
* Obtains copies of materials and/or operates photocopy equipment and assists in preparing materials for distribution
* Removes System form letters from printer and distributes to sender for signature before mailing
* Receives dock and messenger service deliveries and verifies accuracy of delivered material
* Prepares outgoing mail for shipment which includes the necessary attachments, wrapping, and sealing
* May assist in updating department manuals
* Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking messages, and sorting and filing mail and correspondence
* Keeps supervisor informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to supervisor for direction
* Performs other related work as required or requested
* One year of experience as a Claims Clerk II, or the equivalent, demonstrating a basic knowledge of computer operations and of claim file systems and procedures.
* Education equivalent to graduation from high school or the equivalent in related work experience.
* Effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
* Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
* On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
* Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.