Claims Customer Service Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
National General Insurance Company
Responsible to service the caller and/or mail correspondence with standard claims handling practices to successfully support the claims department to bring an opened claim to conclusion.
* Effectively manage a large number of external and internal calls
* Identify and assess customer needs to achieve satisfaction and follow-up where needed to ensure resolution
* Provide accurate and complete information grounded on claim procedures and regulatory time frames
* Confirm status of policy coverages and the ability to generate the appropriate perils
* Perform follow-up work with callers and/or mail including insured's, claimants, brokers and/or providers to secure valuable information and/or provide updated status when relevant to the situation.
* Communicate vital information or secured paperwork to the handling adjuster or unit management timely
* Document claim activity utilizing Company approved claim log or manual/electronic activity log on all tasks performed
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Computer literate, able to assimilate to business applications on multiple platforms
* Minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute.
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-orientated environments
* Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a working relationship with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Bi-Lingual preferably English/Spanish
* One or more years of experience in the Auto Insurance Industry, State Regulations preferred
* College Degree or equivalent education, training or work-related experience preferred
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.