This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Claims Manager
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Claims Manager provides claim oversight and management for National client. Supports the client s Risk/Claim team in managing all of their claims and overseeing claim process and resolution being performed by a national TPA and client claim team. Responsible for the quality and consistency of claim servicing products and services for a national client. Partners with the local WTW business leadership to provide support, innovation and ensure execution of the client strategy.
* Help develop and execute the strategies of the client
* Promote and foster Willis Towers Watson culture.
* Manage the appropriate level of resources available
* Be a visible sign of professionalism and direction for the client and team
* Maintain local relationships with all major trading partners
* Participate in meetings and provide ideas and strategies that strengthen the practice.
* Directly handle technical claim issues/concerns and TPA service issues as required
* Ensure quality and consistency in executing Best Practices
* Engage our global network of professionals as needed
* Appropriate utilization of all systems as required
* Work with others as necessary to continually improve quality and innovation
* Monitor the performance of trading partner s services for your client
GROWTH AND RETENTION
* Support new business with sales presentations and RFP
* Participate in strategic large client meetings as required
* Manage the quality and appropriateness of client service agreements
* Ensure practice strategy alignment with Willis business plans
* Regularly meet with Willis executives to ensure delivery alignment
* Ensure appropriate program design and documentation - service scope aligns
* Ensure appropriate internal and client communications
* Maintain direct relationships with client
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* 4 year college degree is a must, a Business related field is highly preferred. Additional level(s) of education are a plus.
* Minimum of 6 years experience in a Claim and/or Risk Control related position with some prior experience working at an insurance carrier or third party administrator preferred.
* CPCU, or AIC, or ARM within 3 years of obtaining this position or 20 years or more insurance industry experience exempt
* WC and Liability experience a must
* Must have appropriate licenses in their resident state.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of (Claim or Risk Control) Handling & (Claim or Risk Control) processes and procedures
* Understand medical case management and cost containment programs
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures and processes involving insurance
* analyze data and provide concise conclusions
* Communicate orally and in writing
* Display versatility in working with different personalities
* Evaluate information against a set of standards to verify compliance
* Handle complaints, arbitrate disputes and negotiate settlements
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Obtain relevant information
* Analyze and report financial data
* Communicate technical information orally and in writing
* Effectively communicate with senior management
* Evaluate information against a set of standards to verify correctness
* Handle complaints, arbitrate disputes, and negotiate alternative solutions
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Obtain relevant technical information to support decision making or selling risk improvement programs.
* Work independently
* Computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office, Outlook, and web-based applications
* Interpersonal relationship skills with internal and external executives
* Project management skills
* Understand company products, services, global network, and industry practices.
* Understand the process and value of basic data analytics and benchmarking
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT WILLIS TOWERS WATSON.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.