This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Cotiviti USA, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Claims Negotiator makes outbound calls in order to negotiate medical claim reimbursements on behalf of health plans.
* Contacts the administrative and billing staff of Out of Network (OON) providers to negotiate reduced rates
* Acquires knowledge of the medical claim processing for better understanding of the negotiation process.
* Captures detailed notes on calls for future reference.
* Creates customized agreements based on negotiated rates.
* Analyzes data to determine negotiation trends.
* This role will use complex systems used for claim processing.
* Updates information on internal systems as well as client systems.
* Capable of using and maneuvering Desktop and telephony instruments and collaborative learning.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work within a matrix organization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent experience
* 6 months minimum experience in claim negotiations or claim processing.
* Overall health insurance knowledge preferred.
* Proficiency of MS Office (Word, Excel) required.
* Excellent English writing and communication skills.
* Must be detail-oriented and flexible to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* This position is located in Atlanta.
* Work hours are in US Eastern Time zone.
* Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
* Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs without assistance
* No Travel Required
* Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.