Claims Specialist - Workers Compensation, Auto and GL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
The Claims Administrator assists the Claims Manager in all claims, including reporting & compliance, settlement & reserving, payments, and reviews. Performs complex, diverse and confidential duties requiring experience in handling aspects of Worker s Compensation, Auto and General Liability claims. (Claims Administrator is the internal job title for this position)
LafargeHolcim is a world leader in the building materials industry, globally we have 115,000 employees and a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries. We are the leading building materials manufacturer of the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability. LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure, while contributing to a higher quality of life and we are positioned to deliver on this commitment. We welcome you to learn more about our exciting company!
* First point of contact and oversight for Worker s Compensation, Auto and General Liability Effectively communicates and requests information on claims from employees, adjusters, and vendors.
* Acts as a liaison between adjusters and LafargeHolcim business units and employees.
* Provide and implement recommendations for improvements for claims process
* Ensure claims are handled in a timely and fiscally sensible manner. Maintain accurate records and reserving of claims.
* Management of 20+ adjusters and other claim related service providers
* Coordinate and lead Quarterly claim calls and meetings
* Prepare reports, including reserves, true up for Finance, WC State compliance, other ad hoc as needed.
* Review and process payments of claims and related expenses
* Attend mediations, hearings and trials as needed.
* Other duties and projects as assigned
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
* Assist the Claims Manager in managing the LafargeHolcim Claims Management Program
* Interaction with Director of Risk Management to assist in managing claims management program.
* Works in conjunction with Risk Manager and Risk Analyst to ensure the Casualty Program is managed and ownership for results is shared
* Interaction with all LafargeHolcim business units, including HR Managers, General Managers, Directors of Safety and Plant Managers to discuss claims procedures, status and outcomes.
* Interaction with defense attorneys, nurse case managers and adjusters to manage the effective handling of insurance claims with outstanding total incurred for all casualty claims and property losses.
* Interaction with third party claims administrators and medical case management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Degree in Risk/Insurance Management, Law or Finance
Other Training/Certifications Preferred: Associate in Claims Designation or equivalent industry training
Work Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
Travel Requirements: Up to 10% National Travel
Additional Requirements: Strong claims handling experience including WC, GL, and Auto
Computer and Software Skills: Advanced Microsoft Office user, Experience using Risk or Claims Software
* French language is a plus
* Ability to communicate and present effectively orally and in writing with people at all levels of the organization in order to achieve cooperation and acceptance of changes in methods and procedures.
* Strong organizational skills
* Action oriented
* Comfort around higher management
* Conflict management
* Timely decision making
* Decision quality and ownership
* Dealing with paradox
* Priority setting
* Managerial courage
Direct: 0 employees
Indirect: 20+ adjusters and other claim related service providers
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: