Class A CDL Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Delivering and recovering equipment at the customer site
* Loading, unloading, and securing equipment for transport
* Performing basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at jobsite and making minor repairs
* Performing daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety
* Learning and demonstrating Customer Service Standards for delivery service
* Obtaining required signatures on rental contracts, pick up, and exchange forms
* Demonstrating proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery
* Completing inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment
* Completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements
* Other duties as assigned by manager
CLASS A CDL QUALIFICATIONS
* Previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers, and towable construction equipment.
* You must be able to operate safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas.
* Valid driver s license with Class A CDL certification, DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
* 2 years of verifiable driving experience operating combination commercial vehicles, local transport experience preferred
* Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines
* Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
* Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment, preferred
* Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
* Sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle
* Working knowledge of delivery area
* Prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within rental industry and working understanding of load securement and transport
* High level of customer service