Class A CDL Driver- GER01780
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Must have current CDL Class A and MVR. Operate standard factory-equipped gasoline or diesel truck tractor with flatbed trailer up to stretch-out of 60 feet in length, or straight truck to deliver a variety of steel products and accessory items to local, over-the-road, or distant points. Follow standard or prescribed methods or procedures. Duties & Responsibilities
1. Work involves a complete range of duties, somewhat repetitive and routine in nature, requiring considerable care to drive tractor/trailer vehicle in a correct and safe manner, in safety of load, and compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations. 2. Make deliveries and/or pick-ups, operating from verbal or written instructions, invoices, bills of lading, shipping tickets, etc. 3. Frequently aided by road maps. 4. Check vehicle used or assigned. 5. Keep accurate and legible records such as Driver's Trip Report, Tack Chart, Driver's Daily Log, Vehicle Inspection Report, and Driver's Weekly Expense Report. 6. Maintain polite, courteous, and diplomatic relations with either customers, receivers, or suppliers with whom contact is made. 7. Count and check off delivered items with customers or receivers; note on shipping ticket when customer accepts order without count; collect money in cash or checks and handle C.O.D. orders. 8. Assist loading or unloading; unload without help as necessary; tie down load with chains or cinches; attach markers for overhang. 9. Position will include material handling responsibilities in the warehouse, requiring forklift and overhead crane use. The Individual
High School Diploma Requires the use of ordinary arithmetic in whole numbers, fixed gauges and direct reading instruments or devices combined with simple interpretation. Minimum of nine(9 ) months work experience in a manufacturing, industrial or similar line-level position.Developing. May proceed alone on simple and/or routine tasks focused on assisting experienced personnel with material flow and/or proceeds with some direction regarding the operation of manual table-top benders. Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs: climb in and out of forklift. Moderate physical exertion in the performance of material handling duties to include lifting, shaking out, positioning, and removing average weight reinforcing steel bars and in performing simple or routine bending, and loading operations at a moderate pace. Continuous mental and visual attention to shop operations to supply material handling services and to perform simple, routine equipment operations as assigned. Infrequent downtime. Occasional operation of forklift, bending machine, and simple hand tools. Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.