Class A CDL Driver for US MAIL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Beam Bros. Trucking, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full-time and Part-time drivers to transport mail out of Capitol Heights, MD to various locations; HOME DAILY.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Driver will complete a pre-trip and post trip inspection of the truck and trailer each day to check for defects and to ensure that it's in safe operating condition. The driver will complete both a pre-trip and post trip report, which should indicate the vehicle's condition and then turn in weekly.
* Mail drivers may be required to load and unload the trailer at each stop either individually or with assistance from the USPS dock personnel. Most postal loads are in rolling stock, easily managed by one person. Any pallets will be unloaded by dock personnel - drivers will not use Postal, powered equipment.
* Driver must be able to back truck into confined spaces without damage and get it on the dock in a timely manner.
* Driver will apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
* Driver will ensure that all shipping documentation (e.g., late slips, seal tickets) required to move the Mail load is available for inspection and that said paperwork accompanies the load when delivered.
* Maintain paperwork required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including drivers' logs, mileage sheets, fuel receipts, and other records required by law.
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and to comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
* Promptly report to Operations any and all delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of the load.
* Driver must be capable of sending and receiving Qualcomm messages through the satellite tracking system.
To be considered as a potential applicant you must send complete the application available at www.beambros.com. Instructions are posted on our website.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.