Class Activities Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
To provide administrative and programmatic support to Class Activities officers and alumni volunteers who manage Dartmouth s eighty-plus class organizations.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to set priorities.
* Highly proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; FileMaker and other databases.
* Desktop publishing skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently.
* Ability to work some nights and weekends.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* Three plus years of experience in a related field, with a high degree of autonomy.
* Experience with databases highly desirable.
* Experience with volunteers and/or event planning highly desirable.
* Associate s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Bachelor s degree preferred.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Cynthia L. Welch
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Serves as first point of contact for alumni class volunteers to ensure that their operational and administrative needs are met.
* Maintains databases of class officer contact information and officer responsibilities, and forwards this information to Alumni Records office to update in Advance.
* Facilitates the proofing, production and mailing of class newsletters, reunion mailings and other class mailings.
* Manages processes and communications pertaining to billing for class invoices, liability insurance policy, non-profit tax status, and annual class activity reports.
* Pulls reports from advancement database and sends electronically as requested by class volunteers and staff.
* Reviews data submitted in annual reports in an effort to track key performance metrics.
Event Support and Management:
* Facilitates all aspects of annual on-campus conference known as Class Officers Weekend (COW).
* Manages the marketing and invitation process and timeline for COW including electronic event invitations.
* Contracts with local vendors for room accommodations, makes rooming assignments for volunteer attendees and guests, and reconciles billing for hotel accommodations following the event.
* Works extensively with the Alumni Relations advancement database to provide mailing lists and other data to classes, as well as to printers and mailing houses, and supervisors.
* Works with online event registration tool to manage registrations, update online calendar, and prepare notifications using the broadcast email tool. Works with Assistant Manager on web communications, updating Class Activities pages. Receives event RSVP s via telephone, email, and web, and maintains guest lists in online event management tool.
* Manages pre and post-event tasks, including reconciling guest lists, database entry into Advance database, and attendance analysis.
* Prepares citations and procures other stewardship items for volunteer honors and awards.
* Maintains accurate files for recordkeeping and documentation.
* Responsible for departmental purchasing.
* Manages billing of classes for printing and mailing services rendered*
Communication/Coordination: * Interacts regularly with a wide range of internal and external constituents and staff members, and conveys information on behalf of the Director.
* Tracks status of newsletter production from beginning to end.
* Independently handles a variety of questions and directs callers and visitors to the appropriate individual or office as necessary.
* Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information, exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
* Interprets, applies, and explains office, department, and College policies and procedures to internal and external constituents.
* Communicates respectfully with a diverse community.
General Office Support:
* As needed, provides administrative and clerical support to Director and Assistant Directors for items such as calendar management, meeting arrangements, travel arrangements, filing of travel and expense reports, arranging conference calls, and preparation of correspondence.
* Supports other units within division during busy volunteer weekends and events.
* Supervises student worker and intern.
* Occasionally supports office at weekend and evening functions.
Performs other duties as assigned