Class B Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Class B Driver in our Lakewood, New Jersey location!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
NATURE OF POSITION:
Drives a vehicle loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Picks up empty cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints. On occasion loads/unloads truck. Performs pre & post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Safely load, deliver and unload hard goods as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
* Establish and maintain good customer relations.
* Maintain load manifests, barcodes, FDA lot numbers, and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
* Must have a Class B Commercial Drivers' License with HAZMAT endorsement and clean MVR.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
* Operate a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS :
* Work with customers on maintaining proper cylinder levels.
* Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and other duties as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
* Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
* Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
* Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours and able to work overtime when necessary.
* Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
* Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* High school diploma, or equivalent preferred.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas East, Inc.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability