Provides customer service to the Medical School s faculty, students, staff, and other users of medical school classrooms and teaching spaces. S/he assists the Geisel Scheduler with scheduling rooms, and also coordinates and delivers audio visual (A/V) support and training for faculty, students and guest speakers requiring classroom services. S/he performs general troubleshooting of smart classroom systems, hardware, software and network connections to minimize service interruptions. S/he utilizes service management tools, equipment monitoring and A/V resource scheduling to ensure services are available.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Knowledge of Mac and PC hardware and software.
* Knowledge of instructional-based technology software and hardware.
* A/V equipment operations, maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
* Instructional consultation skills.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Customer service skills.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* Three years work experience in A/V event support services, instructional technology, or IT-related field.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent level of work experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Christine Maute, Director
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Provides Classroom Support for Academic Classes, Meetings and Events in Geisel Spaces
* Delivers A/V services to support the teaching goals of classroom users.
* Meets with users to demonstrate and to provide training on the use of classroom A/V systems.
* Provides A/V tech support at the start of assigned classes and events.
* Utilizes classroom monitoring software and scheduling tools to confirm equipment readiness and to anticipate support requests.
* Provides Help Desk support and quick technical response to troubleshoot issues with instructors and to minimize classroom downtime.
* Reviews daily requests for assistance with the Director to determine support staff deployment.
Ensures Classroom Readiness
* Maintains systems and specialized equipment for event capture, wireless A/V equipment connections, etc.
* Coordinates and performs weekly/monthly classroom inspections (Hanover and Lebanon campuses), assists in troubleshooting problems to ensure classroom and event readiness.
* Maintains room logs for reported and discovered A/V issues, actions taken, and service visits.
* Assists Director in working with Geisel Computing to assure software on classroom computers is appropriately maintained and updated.
Assists in Management of Scheduling System
* When necessary, assists Geisel Scheduler in room scheduling.
* Uses the scheduling system to identify upcoming events and to determine A/V services and support requirements.
* Interacts with room users to identify needs and the level of expectations in advance of scheduled classes and events.
* Consults with the Director to plan the appropriate use of available classroom resources.
Interacts with Colleagues and Departments
* Collaborates with colleagues in Geisel Computing and Dartmouth CTS to test and provide input on future technologies, software and equipment for use in the classrooms.
* Collaborates with Geisel Computing on plans to support users and their use of new technology in the classrooms.
Performs other duties as assigned