Clerk-Central Procurement - Texas Hobby
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position is responsible for performing daily Central Purchasing functions, month-end procedures and various accounting duties.
* Place and receive orders.
* Manage requisition and invoice (paper and electronic) workflow.
* Provide supporting documentation for month-end accruals related to purchasing.
* Serve as liaison with Shared Services Center.
* Make local buying decisions in the event of an emergency.
* Cross-train for posting responsibilities.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Basic Auction knowledge a plus.
* Dealership experience and/or experience working with Mechanic Shops/Body Shops
* Knowledge of AS400 and basic accounting procedures preferred.
* Solid computer skills required.
* Effective communication skills and organizational skills required. Strong attention to detail and follow-through required.
* Working knowledge of supplier base, parts and supplies ordering, auction operations, and AS400 recon menus.
* Ability to effectively adapt to and lead change.
* Ability to operate adding machines and other office equipment (e.g., copier, fax machine, etc.).
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks; manual dexterity.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Office setting; possibly located in a shop environment.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit http://www.coxautoinc.com/.
Primary Location:US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Shift:Day Job-once a month Saturday.