Clerk Lead - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
* Must possess creativity/adaptability to successfully manage Department to effectively address changing business conditions and to achieve objectives.
* Must provide effective supervision of subordinates to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
* Responsible for ensuring external personnel (truck drivers/suppliers) adhere to Tycos safety standards.
* Must possess thorough and relevant knowledge of Domestic & International shipping requirements, including hazardous materials transportation (ground, air & ocean).
* Responsible for working with QA to properly identify, document, and receive special Marine/Government product and adhere to detailed Marine/Government packaging & storage requirements.
* May generally supervise 6-10 employees.
* Keeps supervision informed of all pertinent information and developments.
* Must understand the dual plant receiving and put away functionality in SAP in order to ensure inventory accuracy.
* Identify potential safety issues in regards to all areas they lead. Coordinate corrective action with supervision and purchasing to correct these issues.
* Position requires extensive standing, lifting, counting, data recording and walking as part of normal job duties. Constant attention to detail is a requirement to effectively complete the job tasks.
* Pick, pack and ship parts according to SAP shipping procedures and work instructions.
* Required to use a RF Scanner.
* Load and unload materials in warehouse and receive materials into assigned storage bin.
* Accurately loads and safely moves materials to ensure timely and complete deliveries.
* Take on projects & assignments as assigned by the supervisor.
* A High School Diploma or GED is required with 2 years experience in warehousing.
* Proficient in WMS applications.
* Able to follow directions and policies of the department.
* Goal oriented, attention to detail and strong organization skills.
* Effective oral communication skills with internal customers.
* Requires long hours of standing and bending.
* Must be flexible with work schedule (over time and weekends as required).
* Ability to lift up to 40lbs.