Client Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 25537-123981
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
JOB TITLE: Client Account Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Serves as the Primary Liaison between an assigned group of physician practices and the Physician Shared Service Center. Responsible for development and maintenance of the customer relationship plan for assigned practices. Provides tactical support for the respective PSC Revenue Cycle Director(s) Ensures Service Level Agreements are appropriately and proactively administered for assigned practices including:
1) Performance Tracking/Benchmarking (with pre-agreed Goals) and Action Planning
2) Tactical Issue Management
Responsible for engagement with Leadership to ensure people, process and technology utilization are appropriately aligned to support revenue cycle success.
1) HCA Physician Services Practice Leadership (i.e. Market/Area Practice Managers and Practice Managers), and;
2) Physician Shared Service Center Leadership (e.g., O s Directors, Managers)
SUPERVISOR: Director, Account Management
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Performs Reviews of Key Performance indicators and benchmarks for assigned practices.
* Establishes and facilitates meetings with Leadership for assigned Practice to review key performance indicators and ways to optimize revenue cycle performance.
* Execution of pro-active Tactical projects focused on resolution of front-office AR inventory related to coding, registration accuracy and denials for designated high risk practices.
* Performs periodic review of assigned practices use of revenue cycle tools/systems and advice on ways to improve performance.
* Works to resolve time-sensitive and customer essential issues that arise on a day to day basis coordinating internal and external resources as necessary. Informs Account Management Director and Revenue Cycle Director of all significant or ongoing concerns.
* Manage Customer Facing account services projects while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction including independently developing, managing and owning overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables.
* Develop and maintain an understanding of best practices and the PSC Tools to use in coaching our customers to success.
* Engages in understanding market business plans for new practice acquisitions. Ensures successful onboarding process and hand-off to practice implementation.
* Acts as a liaison between markets/practices to ensure that the root cause of ongoing concerns are identified and remediated.
* Learn, in detail, the Physician Shared Service Center s Billing and Collection operational processes, become the Subject Matter Expert.
* Maintains understanding of Physician Shared Service Center products and services.
* Acts as a liaison between assigned markets/practices and Physician Shared Services Center.
* Actively participate and provide feedback into ongoing process and technology improvement initiatives for Physician Shared Services and the Physician Practice.
Advocate for customer recommended product and service enhancements.
Establish good working relationships with Market/Practice leadership.
*Maintain an understanding and ability to discuss healthcare industry changes.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and the Mission and Value Statement .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Customer Orientation establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
2. Communication communicates professionally, clearly and concisely.
3. Sustains a Service Reputation supports and implements service practices that meet customer s and own organization s needs; using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to resolve difficult customer situations and regain customer confidence.
4. Positive Disposition demonstrates a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations; providing an uplifting (albeit realistic) outlook on what the future holds and the opportunities it might present.
5. Organization proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages the customer relationship.
6. Project Management administers using tools and processes to identify and communicate project goals, schedules, responsibilities, progress and performance.
7. Policies and Procedures articulate knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
8. Teambuilding demonstrates ability to foster and perform in a team-building environment.
9. Technical Knowledge and Skills demonstrates knowledge and understanding of medical terminology, front office and back office best practices, third party reimbursement, and keeps up with relevant current developments and trends.
10. PC Skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook) applications and others as assigned.
Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in health services administration, management information system of business administration is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
At least 5 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Experience in the analysis and design of physician practice management systems or hospital patient accounting systems.
Prior experience as a business office manager or practice office manager
Understands flow processes of a provider and payer type system
Experience in the management of projects
Strong customer focus and results driven
Shows strong initiative, innovation and motivation.
Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopies, telephone, calculate and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Employee is expected to be available to customers during normal working hours. However, extended or unusual hours may be required. Some travel, including air travel required.
The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Person who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or