This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Works within and across practices and organizations to design leading-edge technology or application solutions that result in profitable revenue growth for Unisys. Conceptualizes, architects, designs, implements and supports integrated solutions for client engagements. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of industry, technology and strategy trends and uses this knowledge to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys. Builds relationships with product development organizations and is recognized by these organizations as a key product champion who adds value through exposure to client situations. Advises, analyzes, researches, designs, installs and implements complex integrated solutions for an entire enterprise. Interfaces extensively with the client's senior management team (e.g., the IT Directors) on business, systems architectural, and technical issues.
Provides mentoring and team leadership to other architects. Develops the integrated technology requirements project plan. Integrates complex solutions into new or existing client environments. Uses advanced diagnostic analytical and design capabilities. Ensures that the best solution is provided to the customer (e.g., completes solution integrity engineering and development attributes.)
* Increase Client and Business Development Output
* Proactive Client Involvement in solving client challenges and business opportunities
* Architect and Drive compelling and cost effective solutions that grow revenue
* Technical leadership and thought leadership by getting Unisys intimately engaged in client opportunities and initiatives, in areas such as: * Infrastructure transformation
* Application transformation
* Service Management transformation
* Mobility transformation
* Create leverage for Unisys by working with other key client vendors and partners
* Build sales momentum while providing a local, sustainable competitive differentiation of our program and our solutions
* Be involved in driving and delivering real innovation
* Analyze and manage detailed customer ITO requirements
* Understand client strategy, process and infrastructure
* Map requirements to Unisys solutions
* Translate high-level requirements into specific designs for simple projects.
* Design steps include requirements analysis, performance analysis, benchmarking and bandwidth analysis, and detailed design of the system.
* Set technical operations services and infrastructure software standards.
* Confirm and prioritize project plans
* Conceptualize, construct, test and implement integrated operations, network hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and client/server solutions and environments.
* Provide guidance and training to Contract Staff members related to IT support.
* Collaborate with other architects to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
* Communicate with onsite architects and key customer stakeholders on a regular basis to provide smooth communication
* Provide timely and informative reports and related analysis and recommendations to maintain and improve cross functional service delivery.
* Provide up-to-date information to clients in response to specific inquiries
* Follow up on commitments prior to dates requested.
* Drive the innovation roadmap based on Unisys Offerings
Qualifications * Contract is a fully globalized account with full suite of ITO services. Emphasis however is on data center work. Candidates must have significant experience in of data center strategy and operations.
* Broad ITO skills especially in enterprise compute and infrastructure, Microsoft Windows and Unix
* Strong understanding of the Microsoft stack (Active Directory, Exchange, Skype, SCCM, SharePoint)
* Basic understanding of networks (Cisco / Juniper switches Layer 2 and 3/routers)
* ITILv3 Training or Certification - highly desired
* Understanding of IT security (Defense in Depth)
* The ability to lead people of various levels to technical expertise
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics highly desired
* 5-10 years architecture experience
* Client engagement soft skills are required
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Company Information Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.