Client Data Services Supervisor
AON - Jericho, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Aon Corporation (NYSE:
AON) is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human capital solutions and outsourcing. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to deliver distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. Aon's industry-leading global resources and technical expertise are delivered locally in over 120 countries. Named the world's best broker by Euromoney magazine's 2008, 2009 and 2010 Insurance Survey, Aon also ranked highest on Business Insurance's listing of the world's insurance brokers based on commercial retail, wholesale, reinsurance and personal lines brokerage revenues in 2008 and 2009. A.M. Best deemed Aon the number one insurance broker based on revenues in 2007, 2008 and 2009, and Aon was voted best insurance intermediary 2007-2010, best reinsurance intermediary 2006-2010, best captives manager 2009-2010, and best employee benefits consulting firm 2007-2009 by the readers of Business Insurance. Visit http:
//www.aon.com for more information on Aon and http:
//www.aon.com/unitedin2010 to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Client Data Services Supervisor in our Jericho, NY office. This position will support Aon's Affinity group.
Supervises a team of Client Data Representatives to ensure the timely recording and accuracy of all data posted in both the insured's system as well as the BCL log. Assists and advises Client Data Representatives with daily operational matters. In addition, this role includes interaction with external clients on a daily basis'
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- Extensive data entry and/or supervisory experience (2-3 years preferred)
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and leadership skills
- Coach/mentor and build teams effectively
- High level expertise with office software, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrates proactive nature with the ability to formulate and recommend new ideas and solutions
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities. Manage time effectively.
- Ability to express complex issues to Client Data Representatives and Data Analyst Representatives clearly.
- Ability to analyze and prepare reports
- Superior attention to detail
- Some accounting background preferred (not required)
- Knowledge of Human Resource practices and employment policies
- Create strong external and internal client relationships
- Meets deadlines with completed projects.
- Flexibility to meet business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete and review all quality checks for Client Data Service Representatives, Data Analysts, Support Representatives, BCL Log, Premium Reports and ensure online documentation is updated.
- Assign and direct daily work to ensure individual and departmental targets are achieved.
- Review and monitor productivity reports. Ensure that all direct reports are meeting individual and department standards.
- Prepare performance evaluations, goal setting and performance management reviews in accordance with corporate policies and applicable laws. Deliver, set action plans and follows up with appropriate individuals.
- Approves postings and continual modification of approval process resulting in increase accuracy and data integrity. Ensures data/files are processed accurately and timely (including proper completion of summary sheets and cash application). Uses priority workflow procedures to meet monthly goals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, new systems and the revision of existing system. Assists with testing plans.
- Ensuring receipt of data files and payments within the appropriate time lines.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring process.
- Interface with Marketing, Accounting and CustomerCare as necessary.
- Develops team through coaching, training and motivating.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required-Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following:
SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http:
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.