Client Development Lead/ Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Boston Consulting Group
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Client Development Leads/Managers will become embedded within a client team to drive the strategic processes related to client development. This position will act as a resource and thought partner, supporting the full range of activities completed by our Client Coordinating Officers (CCOs), including client planning, client financial analysis, client information management, and case team interfaces.
Depending on candidate level, this position will establish the structure and processes for this function and may lead the broader CCO Support Team overall. The team will be expected to launch this function, codify processes, and disseminate best practices.
Assist Client Coordinating Officers (CCOs) and client teams for our largest and most complex clients in all client development by driving client planning, managing client financials, and maintaining client information and knowledge. Coordinate strategic case team activities to ensure effective communication across Partner teams, non-Partner teams, and supporting functions. Establish structure and processes of CCO Support team.
Support the full cycle process of client planning
* Partner with the client team to develop and manage client plan
* Maintain relationship map and monitor/plan client interactions
* Manage marketing, including distributing mailings/thought pieces, invitations to conferences, etc
* Coordinate and manage feedback from clients, including analysis of surveys and coordination of senior leadership interviews
* Maintain client references
* Develop and maintain client value proofs
* Track broader industry trends and changes to understand broader market landscape
Manage client financials in close partnership with the finance team
* Understand account economics of client relationship
* Maintain understanding of client, engagement pricing, etc
* Work with core partner team to coordinate and track investments, determine pricing
* Liaise with Finance to optimize expenses, travel, etc leading efforts to optimize spending where necessary and appropriate.
Maintain client information and knowledge
* Maintain baseline/background client information (proposal tracking, investor presentations, marketing information, etc)
* Manage Knowledge Management System (KM) contributions
* Ensure Information Management (IM) compliance
* Manage team SharePoint sites
Coordinate strategic client team activities:
With Partner teams:
* Ensure effective communication and coordination of various Partners (core team, execution team, function practice areas, Partners)
* Serve as thought partner to CCO and Partner team on client matters as needed
With non-Partner teams:
* Interface with case teams as needed to maintain understanding of key issues, ensure linkages
* Coordinate with PTO facilitator to ensure understanding of key dynamics and issues and ensure key challenges are addressed and learnings propogated across teams.
* On-board new team members to client background including maintaining client primer, logistics, etc
With supporting functions:
* Work with staffing to manage core team deployment, roll on/off plans and cross system staffing coordination/liaison
* Serve as liaison/point person to career development committees (PDCs and CDCs)
* Work with EA team to ensure coordination and communication across broader case team
Establish structure and processes of CCO Support team (depending on candidate level):
* Confirm structure for overall team
* Establish core team processes
* Drive best practices and disseminate to other stakeholders
Perform other duties as assigned or required
Basic Job Requirements
* Ideal candidates include a current/former BCG PL/P or individual working in a professional services firm in account management or similar
* Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree/MBA preferred
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; strong computer literacy and facility with numbers
* Infrequent travel required (0-15%)
* Comfortable communicating in direct client interactions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
* Good organizational skills and effective management skills to manage multiple parallel tasks, ability to set priorities
* Performed successfully in a fast-paced, global, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment with people at all organizational levels
* Proactive, creative, self-starter
* Able to prioritize, able to tolerate ambiguity
* Exercises judgment in managing confidential/sensitive information; trustworthy
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2355BR