Client Facing Finance Manager 8/20/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Client Facing Finance Manager
Finance and Accounting
General & Administrative Operations
Share | |Email this job
CLIENT FACING FINANCE MANAGER *LI
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Client Facing Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the collections process and other ad-hoc accounting responsibilities. The Manager will work closely with the Collections team and Account Management across the firm to determine significant outstanding collections and revenue risk. The Manager will then strategize with the Associate Director of Finance and the Collections team on potential resolutions. The Manager will also be responsible for reporting and tracking the collections team towards performance metrics, overseeing the cash application process and assisting with month close process.
- Act as a liaison with Account Management to address any questions related to accounts receivable.
- Using key metrics to determine collection risk areas, engage with Collections team and Account Management to develop effective resolution strategies on outstanding invoices.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Account Management teams to identify collection risks and develop action plans.
- Collaborate with the billing team to assist with addressing invoicing questions from member
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of revenue recognition standards to ensure proper modeling of revenue risks.
- Develop a basic understanding of company products across the firm.
- Participate in conversations with members as required in regards to collections or renegotiation situations.
- Directly manage the team of Collections Specialists to perform against goals, providing formal feedback and guidance on professional development
- Assist with establishing, executing, and tracking cash collections goals.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of accounting to manage the cash posting process and related general ledger reconciliations.
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited College/University
- Accounting or Finance experience
- Collections Management experience
- Leadership experience
- Proven team collaboration experience
- Proven staff management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with senior executives
- Experience managing a team towards a goal
- Demonstrated accounting knowledge
- Proven ability to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Ability to successfully overcome challenges or obstacles
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 238,000 leaders in 4,200+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 3,000+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $700 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.