Client Onboarding Screening Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Analyst will focus on reviewing and clearing alerts relating to Sanctions, Watchlist and Adverse News screening. The Analyst will also be responsible for contributing process improvement ideas and participating in projects. To be successful in this role you must be consistent, accurate, apply an analytical mind to daily work and become increasingly proficient to meet service levels.
* Conduct AML due diligence checks on prospective customers, related parties, vendors and suppliers using Actimize, research databases and external data sources.
* Escalate potential sanctions, WLF or Adverse News alerts to the AML Compliance and/or Sanctions officer.
* Assist with metrics and other ad-hocs reports.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Thoroughness and attention to detail and able to present complex information in an easy to understand manner.
* Ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a deadline driven, regulatory environment.
* Proven ability to provide enthusiastic, professional and courteous service to internal and external customers.
* Has a sense of urgency and the ability to own problems and recommend creative solutions.
* Working knowledge of KYC/AML regulatory requirements strongly preferred. CAMS certification a plus.
* Sanctions/PEP alert monitoring experience a plus.
* Operational knowledge of Actimize preferred.
* Operational knowledge of RDC's Global Regulatory Information Database preferred.
* Solid high volume processing and analytical skills.
* Good risk management skills.
* Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Power Point preferred.
* Experience writing desktop procedures.
* 3-4 years of previous experience in Compliance, Audit or Risk Management a strong plus.