Client Service Representative I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Staten Island, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Client Service Representative I
CIOX Health is currently seeking qualified professionals for a Client Service Specialist to process medical records requests at a local facility.
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
* Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
* Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
* Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
* Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
* Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
* Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department. Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
* Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
* Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established by the Company or the member facility.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
* Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies and procedures in regards to release of information.
* Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled. Notifies Manager, Operations and/or Supervisor if unable to adhere to daily schedule. Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate work hours in the Company s designated time keeping system daily and adheres to the Company s overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
* Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional member facilities and assist with ROI backlogs.
* Performs responsibilities in accordance with the Company s and member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality breaches.
* Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior when handling all Company and medical records information during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical records information from member site unless written authorization is provided by the facility s HIM Director, Company Manager and/or Supervisor and Vice President of Operations.
* Attends and participates in required educational training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
* Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner. A
* ccepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
* Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing information and data as requested including member s changing needs and requests.
* Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or perceived.
* Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily workload.
* Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for data input, retrieval of data and all other tasks associated with release of information services and time reporting.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
* Ability to recognize emergency situations within context of job duties and communicate potential issues to Supervisor and/or Manager, Operations. Maintains knowledge of safety procedures to ensuring a safe work environment and reports safety concerns to Supervisor and/or Manager, Operations
* Maintains a current and valid driver s license and insures personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained, in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or transportation that is use in connection with Company duties.
* Checks the Company s and other assigned email and communication systems such as REP Online and member assigned email on a daily basis. Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines. Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to working at facilities within 50 miles of principal site as business needs arise.
* Adheres to the Company s Code of Conduct and business standards.
* A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
* Administrative experience in an office setting; previous release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
* Proven customer service experience and/or training.
* Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Effective organizational skills a must
* Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiline phone system and other required work tools
* EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled.
Send This Job to a Friend