Client Service Representative II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob purpose
Under the direction of the Manager of Operations and the general instruction of the Facility Contact at the assigned facility, the Site Client Services Supervisor is responsible first for the duties and responsibilities of the Client Services position. In addition, the Site Client Services Supervisor will assist the Manager of Operations in the efficient operation of the assigned account. The Site Client Services Supervisor will also assist the Manager of Operations in training, staffing, and providing coverage at the site for the Client Services Representatives.
Duties and responsibilities
* Assists the Manager of Operations in the training and direction of the Client Service Rep positions.
* Provides input to the Manager of Operations for the evaluation of the Client Service Rep positions.
* Answers day to day questions posed by clients and the Client Service Rep positions.
* Makes recommendations for methods to increase productivity.
* Assist in meeting regional revenue goals on a consistent basis.
* Comply with all release of information related functions as stipulated in service agreement.
* Assist in selecting, interviewing, hiring and terminating employees.
* Participate in counseling sessions of site personnel and makes probationary or termination recommendations when necessary.
* Responsible for properly training release of information staff in company and facility specific functions. Distribute workflow to site personnel.
* Assist in evaluations of employees.
* Ensures supplies are available at designated facility.
* Responsible for meeting facility revenue goals on a consistent basis.
* Prepare month-end reports on the first work day of each month and distribute.
* Responsible for submitting company-related travel expense reports and original receipts to manager in a timely fashion.
* Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the facility in the strictest confidence.
Productivity and Quality:
* Maintains productivity, quality and assures customer service standards.
* Provides input into the review and revision of site procedure.
* Performs quality reviews and site evaluations as required by clients.
* Customer Service Skills. Answers and conducts business on the telephone routinely while maintaining excellent customer service skills.
* Reviews Release of Information requests for validity according to applicable state or federal statutes. Returns inappropriate authorizations and requests to the requester.
* Looks up medical record numbers, fills out guides and pulls medical records, if so directed.
* Reviews the requests to determine which records are being requested.
* Scans the medical record and chooses the appropriate information to be photocopied, if so directed.
* Copies the appropriate pages for the requested records, if so directed.
* Re-assembles the charts (files) for re-filing.
* Logs information that is being sent to the requester either manually or using company software in accordance with the facility procedure.
* Documents the release of information in the patient medical record or other means determined by the facility.
* Calculates the amount to be billed to the requester and prepares the invoice, if so directed.
* Certifies the copies of medical records when requested, if so directed.
* Prepares copies for mailing, by weighing and affixing postage or by processing the mail through the facility Mail Room, if so directed.
* Reports to work as scheduled.
* Complies with all Policies, specifically, attendance and punctuality.
* Attends mandatory employee in-service meetings and/or training sessions, if so directed.
* Typically, works remotely accessing work related projects and tasks via VPN access.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must have at least 3 years of previous release of information, medical records, or other related experience in healthcare environment
* Previous supervisory experience desired
* Proven customer service experience and/or training.
* Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
* Ability to read and comprehend complex healthcare terminology
* Must demonstrate effective customer service skills and achieve high customer satisfaction
* Effective organizational skills
* Must be willing to learn new equipment and required processes in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in a team environment with customers, management and co-workers
* Must be able to solve problems effectively and recommend creative resolutions.
* Must be willing to travel to multiple sites based on the needs of the region
* Strong analytical skills desired
* Ability to generate ideas to make existing processes more efficient
* Must be able to multi-task effectively
* This position may occasionally require overnight travel.
* High School Diploma (GED) required or;
* A minimum of an Associates Degree in healthcare related discipline and 1 year of related experience may substitute for the experience requirement.
* Knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled