Client Service Specialist-( Columbia Center)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Sandy Spring Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision, and following established procedures, responds to a wide range of client inquiries including opening new accounts, account maintenance and resolving account related problems or complaints. Actively pursues sales and enhanced service opportunities by identifying and meeting client needs and strengthens client relationships primarily over the telephone, by mail, fax, and e-mail.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Represents the Bank to clients in a courteous, professional manner, and provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service by phone, mail, and/or e-mail.
2. Opens and services all types of deposit accounts including personal and commercial checking, savings, time deposits, and IRAs by identifying needs and making recommendations that meet that client s and the bank s financial goals. Responsible for meeting monthly service quality and sales goals.
3. Makes appropriate referrals for retail investment services, trust services, mortgage loans, etc. Responsible for meeting monthly and service quality goals.
4. Answers questions and solves routine problems for clients concerning all services provided by the Bank by listening to problems, researching and collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the client in a timely manner. Demonstrates product and system knowledge to assist clients with questions.
5. Acts as point of contact for BankXpress users including PC, web, and telephone banking products. Maintains knowledge on setup and use of these products. Troubleshoots connectivity problems. Troubleshoots service problems and refers unusual situations to Electronic Banking Specialist or supervisor as appropriate
6. Handles inquiries on Cardbase (ATM and debit cards) that require specific research in separate systems. Troubleshoots service problems and refers unusual situations to Electronic Banking Specialist or supervisor as appropriate.
7. Provides support for promotional activity, new product introduction, and enhancements for other departments such as Marketing, EFT Services, and Consumer Lending.
8. Requires knowledge of all types of consumer loans to sell and service appropriately. Accesses and utilizes loan inquiry screens with speed and accuracy. Responsible for meeting monthly service quality and sales goals.
9. Accurately records calls and documents client information for research and follow up by Support Team and/or other operational areas of the Bank. Contacts clients according to department standards to follow up on requests and ensure client satisfaction.
10. Provides support for branch personnel after hours in placing holds, stop payments, and answering system and procedure questions as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Position requires successful completion of Call Center assessment test which includes Data Entry skills, e-mail composition skills, and Typing/Keyboarding skills. In addition, 6 to 12 months work experience in retail banking or customer service/Call Center.
2. Basic knowledge of PC modem connections, Internet access, and web services is also required.
3. Must have positive telephone and written communication skills; strong organization skills; and negotiation/sales skills and/or aptitude. Requires a strong speaking voice with the ability to clearly express oneself over the telephone
4. Must be able to operate a personal computer, Call Center telephone, and 10-key adding machine. Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office and windows-based office software is expected.
5. Interpersonal skills are necessary to maintain a professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor throughout the day with clients over the phone. Work requires regular contact with diverse groups internally and externally.
6. The ability to express ideas effectively in English, written and oral, well enough to comprehend instructions, be understood by contacts, and legibly complete standard forms is required..
7. A varied level of problem solving skills is required. Situations require operational knowledge of the work and the unit, which may involve a range of solutions to different problems.
8. Work is under minimal supervision where work requires independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative work routines.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Majority of work is performed on the telephone while sitting for extended periods. Position requires reasonable mobility within assigned work area in order to access equipment. Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions such as robbery.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.