Client Service Specialist II (Account Manager/Underwriter)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST II (ACCOUNT MANAGER/ UNDERWRITER)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Nonprofits business group within Aon Affinity, in WASHINGTON D.C OR BURLINGTON, VT.
YOUR IMPACT AS A CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST II (ACCOUNT MANAGER/UNDERWRITER)
* The Client Service Specialist II (Account Manager / Underwriter) sells, services, and underwrites our established portfolio of Directors & Officer Liability (D&O) insurance products and Property & Casualty (P&C) business insurance to our nonprofit clients, providing customer support to clients, prospects and retail agents/brokers.
* The Account Manager / Underwriter will manage an existing book of nonprofit D&O renewal accounts of medium complexity focusing on retention targets as well as client and retail agent/broker relationships. The Account Manager / Underwriter will also work on P&C insurance rating and underwriting review of renewal and new business risks within a designated affinity program targeting the nonprofit social services segment.
* Both the D&O and P&C responsibilities require maintaining detailed knowledge of carrier forms, products and competitive landscape and relaying that information where appropriate with team members. Delivery of concise and accurate new/renewal proposals to retail agents/brokers and direct clients/prospects. Adept in conducting detailed discussions with retail agents/brokers and clients/prospects about coverage and pricing features of the programs. Responsible for maintaining strong working knowledge of necessary resources, marketing materials, and available technology. Recognizes opportunities for process improvements & recommends changes. Proven ability to facilitate and negotiate using tact and diplomacy.
* Directors and Officers Insurance responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following: Responsible for underwriting, obtaining, and servicing policies and meeting retention goals and new business targets where applicable. Conduct the renewal and maintenance of existing accounts and quote new business accounts where applicable. Provides technical advice to clients/prospects and retail agents/brokers as needed. Prepares renewal and new business proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions. May participate in special projects/programs as assigned, such as training or communications, sessions within or outside of the company.
* Property and Casualty Insurance responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following: Responsible for property & casualty insurance rating and underwriting review of renewal and new business risks within a designated affinity program targeting the nonprofit social services segment. Responsible for utilizing rating tools and input in carrier underwriting systems. Accountable for following instructions provided by lead underwriter in order to ensure accurate risk assessment and documentation.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with Microsoft office suite products (Word, Excel)
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* P&C LICENSE REQUIRED WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF HIRE DATE
* 1-2 years work experience in the Property & Casualty insurance field either in management liability or all lines of P&C
* WILL CONSIDER RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATES
* Bachelor s degree required. Insurance and Risk Management majors preferred.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421549
CATEGORY: Account Management Group
LOCATION: United States, DC, Washington