Client Service Team Representative I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Womens Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
Were focused on a people-first culture for our systems patients and our professional family. Thats why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal developmentand we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk, and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Benefits Operations Group is responsible for PHS-wide benefits administration in the area of Customer Service including, administrative support, benefit plan interpretation and claims handling. The Client Service Team Rep 1 responsibilities include:
- Provide peoplesoft benefit administration support for assigned companies
Includes processing reports in a timely manner
Approving and filing requests for benefit changes
Ability to enter and maintain benefit data
- Answer phone calls from employees
Determine root cause of phone call
Provide superior level of customer service
Take ownership of calls by resolving the issue if able to before passing it along to a specialist.
Log a minimum of 25% of calls
Logs are entered as per supervisors instructions
Logs transferred calls using LOB system
Completes follow up in a timely manner
- Work on special projects as assigned by supervisor
May include running of queries on a regular basis
Should be able to prioritize or seek information from supervisor as to how best prioritize special project work in conjunction with normal job responsibilities.
- Work assigned phone shift as directed by supervisor with minimal time away from desk.
- May be responsible for on-going communication with employees via email, phone or letter on various follow up tasks, such as notifying employees they need to make their benefit elections or sending orientation packets to employees who did not show up at orientation.
- Review Benefit Enrollment Forms for eligibility, completeness, and consistency against plan rules and employee data using PeopleSoft.
- Follow up on Vendor Forms
- Audit Enrollment Forms for accurate data entry.
- Benefit Site Visits - represent the Client Service Team at various institutions to present benefit orientation, answer benefit questions, issues and provide communication materials. May include delivering new hire orientation.
- Research and resolve issues resulting from employee inquiries utilizing PeopleSoft. or/and refer research issues to Health & Welfare and Retirement Specialists when necessary.
- Present feasible recommendations for improvements based on interpretation of data, trends and other available information
- Communicate with Supervisor when having trouble prioritizing work or keeping up with the workload.
A minimum of 1 year related HR and/or Benefits professional experience.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in demonstrated experience is required
Customer Service in a call center environment preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, COMPETENCIES:
Ability to work independently and proactively. Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as a member of a team
Must be self-starter with the ability to identify problems/issues and offer workable solutions
Strong time and project management skills
Strong oral and written presentation/communication skills
Comfort level working across functions and entities within system
Must handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
Knowledge of all Windows-based Office products (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) plus proficiency with relational databases
Previous experience with PeopleSoft HR/Payroll is beneficial
Previous Benefits Administration experience is beneficial
Strong customer service skills
Ability to determine root cause of issues
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.