Client Services Representative-Outreach -24079
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Laboratory Services Representative (100070)
University Medical Laboratories
Manager, Clinical Lab Outreach
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. No previous lab experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possess a valid driver s license.
SUMMARY: The CSR generalist position consists of two classifications: Courier and Client Service Representative. Both job classifications revolve around computer data entry procedures and providing excellent customer service. These include ordering clients tests, looking up and printing results, canceling tests and other miscellaneous functions in support of the hospital's mission of excellent patient care.
COURIER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides timely pickup and delivery of all laboratory samples from the client to West Virginia University Hospitals, adhering to prescribed transportation criteria and laboratory policies. The courier will be trained to accept only samples that are properly identified, collected and labeled in accordance with established laboratory policies.
* The courier will be trained to log all samples into the Gajema handheld tracking device.
* Using the Gajema device, they will maintain the vehicle maintenance log and pre route vehicle condition checklist.
* The courier acts as an ambassador for UML with clear communication both in person and on the phone with the clients.
Client Service Representative Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for office related work including but not limited to billing reports, daily audits and resolving client issues
* Excellent customer service regarding written and oral communication skills
* Answering telephone calls in a prompt and concise manner
* Obtains demographic/billing/insurance information from clients/patients/family members/legal guardians necessary to process the lab orders
* Receiving lab samples dropped off at the UML office, ordering and labeling these samples for delivery to the lab
* Receives samples dropped off at the UML office by the couriers, ordering and labeling these samples for delivery to the lab
* Uses hospital/UML communications systems (fax, telephones, Gajema tracking systems and computers) in accordance with hospital standards
* Works with the coordinators and managers to identify issues and problems
* Demonstrates flexibility to meet the needs of the department in regard to changes in work volume, planned or unplanned changes in schedule due to call offs
The main classification will be determined by the shift the employee is scheduled to work, but the employee will be trained to fill both. These descriptions were designed to give a brief overview of the position. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical capability to move as required, equipment and/or supplies up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Adaptable (able to learn and apply new processes)
Good Communication Skills
Attention to Detail