Client Specialist - Brookings, SD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
* The Client Specialist is the key provider of customer care acting as liaison between clients and our laboratory staff. In this position, you will provide our clients with outstanding customer service using excellent communications skills and automated information systems. Responsible for analyzing the customers needs, setup accounts, sample entry, ensure clients receive results, and maintain records. This is a full time position located in Brookings, South Dakota.
* Client Services Manager
* Specific to Role
o Communicate with clients, answering or routing questions as appropriate and liaison between client and laboratory staff.
o Set up new client accounts in the V-worksheet/LIMS and in conjunction with Accounting Department; periodically updating client account information as needed.
o Scanning and keyed entry of seed samples received daily. Tagging with identity and specific tests requested based on sample priority. Includes routine samples and special projects.
o Track tests for timely completion and assure clients receive results on timely basis.
o Issue reports, certificates, certificate revisions and document accordingly to meet client needs and within SGS guidelines.
o Proactively initiate sales with current or prospective clients that contact the laboratory for expanding current testing activities or developing testing solutions for the client s needs.
o Train and convert clients to usage of website for results and information.
o Inform management staff of all customer concerns.
o Maintain records, files and related to duties.
o Assist with sample bag design and inventory
o Process outgoing UPS/Fed Ex
o Secondary role in answering the phones and main customer entrance
o Assist in other areas of the company as needed
* Quality System
o Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
o Maintain quality protocols for testing area and implement preventative practices.
* College degree or high school graduate with relevant customer service experience
* Minimum 2 years related experience in customer service and data entry
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software and database software
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Must have passion for customer service.
* Laboratory and/or Agricultural background desired.
* Must be able to work independently and without supervision.
* Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and employees.
* Ability to display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment.
* Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects and changing priorities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
* Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.