Clinic Coordinator - CV Surgery
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
* Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
* 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
* 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
* Cancer Care
* Childrens Healthcare
* Comprehensive Regional Services
* Heart Center
* Orthopedic Services
* Womens Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Visit: www.svh-mt.org The Clinic Coordinator is responsible for coordinating patient flow through the telephone triage, test scheduling and procedure scheduling, check-in and check-out phases of clinic visits and acting as a liaison between our clinic, SVH departments, referring physicians and their clinics, and outside hospitals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SCHEDULING AND PATIENT TRIAGE
* Triages all physician and patient calls. With a strong clinical understanding of cardiac, thoracic, and vascular disease and treatment will:
* request the appropriate records from other offices,
* schedule the correct tests,
* schedule patients for appointments.
* Facilitates appropriate responses to all incoming physician and patient inquiries.
* At the direction of the physician, schedules patients for surgical procedures and tests.
* Interfaces appropriately with Surgery Scheduling, Cath Lab, Radiology, Cardiopulmonary Department, ICU, 3 Tower, Cardiac Rehab, and other hospital departments.
* Assigns appropriate diagnosis codes and procedural codes for procedure preauthorization and scheduling.
* Interface professionally with referral hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
* Interface professionally with physicians, reception/medical records, coder, clinic nurses, ultrasonographers and patients.
* Educates patients on pre-test instructions and pre-surgical instructions.
* Maintains physician patient appointment, meeting, and time out schedules and reminders
* Maintains physician call schedule and changes
* Assists with on-boarding of new physicians and procedures/testing
RECEPTION AND MEDICAL RECORDS
* Assists with patient registration activities such as greeting patients, registering patient and obtaining demographic information, obtaining and updating office software billing, and preparing, maintaining and filing patient charts.
* Answers patient questions regarding insurance coverage and pre-authorization
The information above is for summary purposes and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 5 years applicable work experience in a clinical setting
* Minimum of 2 years experience working in a vascular setting
* Prior experience in triaging clinical issues that have been relayed verbally
* Demonstrated ability to work with physicians and their clinical staff
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Ability to establsih quantifiable goals and meet them.
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position