Clinic Manager I-Clearlake
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Manages the daily operations for the front desk and the clinical operations of a primary care physician office. Assists in the delivery of quality health care and patient care management. Actively participates and supports front desk, billing and clinical teams with these efforts. Behaves in a professional manner and consistently demonstrates and promotes the core values of the organization. Reports to the physician(s) and Operations Manager and/or Administrator in order to meet established goals for the physician s practice and the organization.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Describe the age group of primary customers/patients served if applicable to this position.
Not applicable School Age (6-12 years)
Neonate (Birth to 28 days) Adolescence (12-18 years)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months) Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years) Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Preschooler (3-6 years) Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to Performance Evaluation. Please include % breakout of tasks/essential functions.
1. Manages daily operations of the practice to include the following for staff, physicians, and associated physician extenders (i.e. physician assistants, fellows, or nurse practitioners, etc.) EF:
a. Maintains physician template in accordance with standards to maximize patient access. Includes maintenance of PTO and on-line scheduling slots, assuring appropriate provider coverage at all times.
b. Manages clinical inboxes.
2. Manages all patient complaints
3. Coordinates, supervises, and operates all satellite clinic activity (as applicable)
a. Supervises clinical operations and support staff
b. Supervises front desk operations and billing staff
4. Manages human resource aspect of practice staff, adhering to established standards and metrics
a. Works with physician to identify appropriate candidates for positions.
b. Assures appropriate training and staff development.
c. Conducts performance evaluations in conjunction with feedback from physicians, Operations Manager and/or Administrator.
d. Maintains and trains existing and new staff on the HMPCG Handbook
5. Treats staff, physicians, patients and visitors with dignity and respect.
1. Billing and collections to include all business operations related to patient services EF:
a. Assure patient co-pay, deductible and co-insurance are collected at time of visit.
b. Manage petty cash batches, and deposits.
c. Assure encounters are reviewed, claims created and manage workflow dashboards.
2. Fiscal administration of the physician s practice to include purchasing, inventory management and monthly account management.
3. Generates practice operations reports
4. Works with operations manager and/or Administrator in development of clinic budget.
5. Manages timekeeping for physician and staff
1. Follows all safety rules while on the job.
2. Reports incidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
3. Maintains strict confidentiality
4. Oversees care coordination with hospital, ER, consulting physicians and/or community resources whenever appropriate
SERVICE - 20%
1. Interfaces with patients, physicians and staff to resolve patient satisfaction issues. Works with Quality to proactively address issues determined during survey process.
2. Anticipates the needs of the specific patient population.
3. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
1. Identifies opportunities for the development and implementation of new products or new solutions to meet or exceed customer needs.
2. Participates in professional development activities
3. Completes Superuser Training for EPM/EMR system to maximize practice operations and support.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
Minimum of five years managing daily operations of a physicians practice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Practice Management Certification preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must have exceptional management skills to be able to assess and make staffing changes immediately depending on physician s schedules and patient volumes. Must have knowledge of government and managed care regulations concerning payment for physician services. Must exhibit ability to problem solve in high stress environment with exceptional communications skills. Supports and helps create a safe patient-centered, compassionate and competent care environment.
Normal Working Conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.