Clinical Assistant Post Lung
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The coordinator assistant will assist the transplant coordinator in all activities related to patient care. The coordinator assistant will communicate closely with the coordinator to provide a continuum of care for the patient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Answers & assists with patient calls as directed by coordinator. Returns calls as instructed by coordinator. Processes prescription refill calls as instructed by the coordinator.
* Receives information on new patients referred for transplant. Sends educational materials to patients. Maintains referral database.
* Schedules pre transplant evaluation. Prepares itinerary and sends to patient. Obtains results of evaluation for coordinator review.
* Assists with preparation of necessary paperwork for patient presentation to committee. Inputs data to database. Prepares letters to referring physicians regarding committee results. Prepares records for insurance companies for financial clearance.
* Schedules any other testing as requested by coordinator. Obtains results for coordinator review.
* Prepares for clinic. Includes obtaining results, updating flow sheets as necessary.
* Assists with maintenance of patient files. Processes and maintains records sent to storage. Responsible for copying medical records as needed.
* Demonstrates the I CARE values
* Demonstrates Service PRIDE standards.
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be high school graduate or GED equivalent
Previous experience in medical office an asset
Knowledgeable in computer software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.