Clinical Assistant Professor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
University of Arkansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
This non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor position will teach four classes per semester. This position will be teaching both survey classes and upper level classes, with an emphasis in domestic diversity in journalism and/or strategic media. The Clinical Assistant Professor will develop and teach courses on diversity in such areas as news-editorial, broadcast journalism, digital media, social media, advertising and/or public relations. This position will also recruit future journalism majors from under-served and minority populations, with specific focus on students from domestically diverse backgrounds. Additional teaching and service responsibilities will be assigned, depending on program need and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
* Master s degree in journalism, mass communication, or a closely related field
* At least three years of professional experience in news writing and editing, broadcast reporting, advertising, public relations, visual journalism and/or digital media
* Experience working with students from diverse/underrepresented backgrounds
* Proven experience/track record in diversity-related research or teaching
* Ph.D. in a relevant area of journalism and mass communications or a closely related field
* University teaching experience, including work as a graduate teaching assistant
* Experience in mentoring, advising, and/or recruiting students
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.