Clinical Coordinator (RN) Quality Management / Full Time Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01515-16428
Days (rotating weekends)
Assists the Quality Management Director in implementation of all aspects of the Quality Management Program related to Sepsis including:
* Identification of opportunities to improve patient care
* Planning and facilitating interventions
* Evaluation and sustaining of success
* Teaching PI methods and strategies
* Leadership in PI activities
Primary responsibility is facilitation and coordination of the Sepsis Program and to ensure Early Goal Directed Therapy requirements are met. This position requires minimal supervision and the ability to work independently. Responsible for outcomes measurement for selected population and monitoring of patient/family satisfaction. This position requires intimate knowledge of both departments and hospital policies in accordance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) sepsis bundle guidelines and HCA initiatives. Interpretive skills frequent interactive and consultative associations along with managements and supervisory skills inherent in this position.
* Facilitates and coordinates the development, implementation and ongoing adherence of sepsis program protocols, policies and therapies in accordance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) sepsis bundle guidelines.
* Ensures the policies, procedures and practices are current and evidenced based relative to sepsis protocols and modifies as necessary
* Collaborates with medical and hospital staff to provide multidisciplinary care to patients with a diagnosis of sepsis, and reviews clinical data in an effort to decrease patient mortality and length of stay.
* Provides education and clinical expertise to care team, physicians, patients and families.
* Collects and performs statistical analysis, interpretation and dissemination of sepsis data, including risk assessment, surveillance priorities and outcome analysis.
* Concurrent review of sepsis patient documentation and collaboration with Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) and/or coding to assure appropriate documentation by care team is in place.
* Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure
1. Texas or compact state Nursing License
2. Emergency Room or Intensive Care Nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
2. Education experience within the last 3 years
3. Clinical Experience within the last 5 years
4. Current computer skills, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, and presentation software
5. Interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with individuals of diverse management hierarchies and cultural backgrounds
Last Edited: 08/24/2016