Clinical Coordinator/SIM Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Responsibilities (Clinical Coordinator):
* Assist the DON in seeking new clinical agencies/facilities as needed to provide quality experiences for PN students and support program growth.
* Conduct site visits at clinical agencies and facilities to observe faculty and students at work.
* Assist DON with the supervision and evaluation of the program clinical faculty.
* Assist clinical faculty by providing evaluation devices of student learning and clinical experience to measure progress and competency.
* Assist DON with conducting interviews and recommend new clinical faculty needed to support PN program.
* Function as a liaison between the PN program and the nursing departments of the cooperating clinical agencies.
* Assist DON with the evaluation of student clinical progress and clinical competency based on Program philosophy and objectives.
* Monitor and analyze the Kaplan testing process.
* Assist with planning advancement ceremonies and new student orientation.
* Function as DON in absence of DON.
* Assist with the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the Practical Nursing Program curriculum plan and course content in accordance with program standards and student and institutional needs.
* Make recommendations for the approval and purpose of books, materials and equipment.
* Assist DON with planning curriculum schedules and with distribution of calendars to faculty and students.
* Attend and assist DON in conducting faculty meetings. Schedules quarterly clinical faculty meetings.
* Assist with the orientation of new faculty to policies and procedures of ECPI and the PN program.
* Provide for care and ordering of supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
* Perform lab supply and equipment inventory.
* Participate in Advisory Board meetings when requested by DON.
* Maintain professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
Responsibilities (SIM Coordinator):
* Providing Simulation Lab instruction including demonstrations, laboratory sessions, testing, attendance, simulation lab discipline, safety and security.
* Developing and implementing high quality learning and assessment simulations.
* Evaluating the effectiveness of simulations as educational and assessment tools.
* Coordinating preparation of simulators and other equipment /props for conducting simulation.
* Facilitating simulation scenario and student participation with debriefing sessions.
* Training simulation users in simulation activities, operation of patient simulators, audio-visual equipment, and their maintenance.
* Maintaining and updating course curricula to include simulation scenarios and training.
* Assisting in the development of new curricula that is supported by simulation activities.
* Preparing and utilizing lesson plans and coordinating congruency between the classroom and the simulation learning environment.
* Coordinating maintenance of patient simulators, part-task trainers, and virtual equipment.
* Conducting student evaluations and advising related to simulation lab.
* Assisting in the formulation of program philosophy, objectives, and policy.
* Contributing toward professional growth through in-service workshops, cross training, and teachers' meetings.
* Providing administrative support as required
* Assisting with instruction in Nursing Programs when available.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Master's in Nursing preferred.
Experience: Must possess at least two years of nursing experience that enables the individual to provide leadership and assume the other responsibilities of the position. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Other: Must possess an unrestricted license to practice as a registered professional nurse in South Carolina.
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to create and maintain relationships
* Motivated, self-starter
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.