Clinical Data Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as the primary internal and Sponsor contact for Data Management questions, issues, or concerns including, but not limited to:
* Data collection
* Data cleaning
* Data delivery
* Data reconciliation
* Database lock
* Data Management activity timelines
* Define the Data Management Plan (DMP)
* Collaborate with Sponsors to define study requirements
* Determine standard edit checks necessary to ensure clean data and define new edit checks when standard checks are insufficient
* Develop Query Guidelines and SEC rules to minimize the query burden on sites while ensuring accurate demography and visit information is obtained
* Collaborate with internal teams on study setup requirements such as demographic collection and visit schedule requirements
* Communicate contents and commitments in the DMP to the internal CDM teams
* Complete data management related pages in EXPERT
* Lead the development, review, and finalization of data transfer requirements
* Provide or customize ERT standard file specifications, review and/or consult with Sponsor on Sponsor-defined specifications, and coordinate finalization and approval of file specifications between Sponsors and SAS Programmers
* Maintain approved file specifications
* Perform any required validation of file formats or data content
* Submit SAS programming requests for data file creation or edit check creation
* Generate sample data from live study data
* Provide sample data and the Data Transfer Agreement to the Sponsor teams
* Maintain the signed Data Transfer Agreement
* Manage database lock activities and timelines with the Sponsor to ensure data integrity and deliverable timelines are met
* Serve as primary point of contact for query escalation
* Routinely review and resolve escalated queries
* Provide consolidated escalated query listings to Sponsor teams
* Resolve Sponsor or Site issues escalated through Customer Care
* Create and review Data Archives for Sponsors and Sites
* Ensure high customer satisfaction by delivering on promises, meeting timelines, and providing excellent customer service at all times.
* Identify out of scope requests and elevate these requests to the Project Manager so that they can be properly billed through the Change Order process.
* Ensure Data Management Files are up-to-date and comprehensive including, but not limited to, Data Management Plans, Files Specifications, Data Transfer Agreements, Data Correction Forms and Requests, client emails, etc.
* Conduct routine status meetings with Sponsor/CRO and internal teams. Provide agenda and meeting minutes to all attendees
* Process at least one routine data run per assigned study per quarter and perform all sample, complete and final data sends
* Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting by providing metrics as required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Communicate project status clearly with Sponsors and Project Management
* Contribute to continuous process improvement including workflow efficiencies and associated workflow documentation
* Lead in CAPA issues related to study-specific data management activities
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
* BS/BA Degree in Life Sciences or related field preferred
* Minimum of 2 years Data Management or related experience preferably in a clinical research position
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, time-management, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities
* Strong attention to detail
* Previous SAS or SQL exposure or experience a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively in English
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.